Renntec Grab Rail Fitting

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Richrox986

Renntec Grab Rail Fitting

Post by Richrox986 »

Hi all,

I bought a Renntec Grab Rail from ebay, so no fitting instructions and can't find any on the web. Does anyone have them by chance?

I have fitted the rail into the sub frame, but now I can't get the tail unit back on! I must be missing something!

Thanks

Rich
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Renntec Grab Rail Fitting

Post by sirch345 »

I can't think what is not happening for you with fitting this Renntec grabrail as I would say it is, or should be fairly straightforward, famous last words and all that. I don’t remember having any technical issues when I fitted mine a while back.

I didn’t have any instructions with mine either. However if you take a look at the photos in this sellers advert on Ebay, that shows how the support frame/rails are fitted: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204470311785 ... R4SywvbcYg

Photo courtesy of the Ebay link above:

Chris.

PS. Welcome aboard by the way 👍
MacV2

Re: Renntec Grab Rail Fitting

Post by MacV2 »

Its fairly straight forward to fit.

You need to undo the two dome head bolts that hold the undertray in place. remove the bolts then slide the Renntec
fitting kit in. Top Tip use some grease !

Once it's in fully the top parts bolt holes should line up as should the subframe to undertray holes.

Put the undertray bolts back in, then the seat fairing should go back on & bolt the the fitting kit in with bolts through the seat fairing the normal screws wont be enough you need bolts with nuts underneath.

Once the kits in place & the plastics back on then you can bolt on the rack/grab rail.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...