hangers

General Bike chat
timmy

hangers

Post by timmy »

hi all

i've just stacked mt storm today and need to get the right hand front hanger off it looks like the swing arm spindal goes through them does the swind are come off at the same time 8O 8O 8O help!

cheers

tim

p.s any one got a clutch cover or right hand mirror
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Hi Timmy.

Sorry to hear about your off.

Yep your right, that bolt does hold the swing arm onto the bike!

However, when Del replaced the foot peg assembly on my bike he was able to whip it out and back in again without any drama (ooer!) - the bike was on a centre lifting stand and the rear wheel was supported with some wood. If you do this to leave the nut end of the bolt on the side you are working on, you can then replace the foot peg assembly at your leasure.

Of course my disability with a spanner is well documented (thats why Del does the work on my bike!) so I reserve the right to be talking complete bollix but it sounds plausable doesnt it?

Hopefully, Del will be along shortly to confirm this (or call me a juggler-but he'll probably do that anyway!) assuming the nutter has finished putting his brand new VTX back together!!!

Cheers
Wayne
delmeekc

Stuff

Post by delmeekc »

Gotta say, Wayne you was awake then mate, yep support the bike, with one of those JC stands and then take up the slack at the back end then it shouldn't be a problem. It's worth cracking the swingarm nut loose before you put the bike on the stand too.

Del. VTX
timmy

Post by timmy »

just found i don't need to get it of i've just loosened it and swung it round
to get the lever off.

thanks

Tim
delmeekc

Dooh

Post by delmeekc »

So you just wanted to replace the rear brake pedal then and not the hanger, you should have said, dooh.

Del.