ACCIDENT

General Biker Banter
Zer0Zer0

ACCIDENT

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Hey ho everyone. I hope you all had a very kool yule, and got everything you wished for at Xmas. and are all looking forwards to a very happy new year.... The Snow is pretty thick on the ground here, very pretty but very cold. so im' sat here in the cottage by the fire , with my leg up ,catching up with emails etc...So now for the not so good news...A week before christmas.
I got my left leg crushed between two forklift trucks at work.. :cry: well one forklift and the PPT, [powered pallet truck] i was using at the time, lots of squeals and lots of pain, Ambulance.. oxygen.. morphine ..blues an twos.. the whole works. spent three nights in hozzy, NO bones broken, lots of soft tissue and some nerve damage , Doc said i was lucky ,as there was no compartment syndrome I could keep the leg [ha ha ha] so I got to go home with a half cast , an orthopedic boot, and some elbow crutches , along with lots of luverly pain killers and anti inflammatories , Three weeks off work [initially he says] it wont be long till cabin fever sets in! 8O . so there it is. the reason I havent' been posting as often as i would like.. its' not Ignorance on my part , its just my meds are so strong i sit in my armchair Trippin half the day, im' starting to build up a tolerance which is why im' lucid enough to post today :D , Blessings and Peace to you all brothers and sisters ....take care [whatever you are doing] must hop off now and take my pills.........
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Yeeeeouch! Sorry to hear, Zero. I know what's it's like to be forcibly grounded, so I'm feeling the pain with you there :( .

Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but you are bloody lucky you didn't come off worse. What you've describe sounds all lovely & completely healable in the long run. Girlfriend of mine got trampled by a field of stampeding horses (she's a jockey & was near the front) about two years ago & is still having trouble from compartment syndrome. It's 100% icky!

Best wishes for a quick return to Storming. Oh, and go easy on the pain killers. Sometimes the side-effects just aren't worth it (particularly if it prevents posting)!
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Sorry to hear that Martin, like you need the pills !!!!! :lol: :lol:
Was it operator error ? Claim time !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

sorry to hear that zero..hope yer get better soon. :wink:
kevg

Post by kevg »

Nae luck mate, i hope your up and about properly soon.
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8O Its good to hear from you Zero, a bit of a shock to hear about your accident, all good wishes to you for a full recovery :!:

Chris.
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

You obviously don't move fast enough Zero :roll:
you're to old to be working & riding a storm. :wink:
enjoy the drugs while it last's :D
get well eventually :wink:
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Thanks for all the good wishes you guys...sniffle.... im' touched...
Kaz m8 I only wish that were true sweets!... :lol: think ill stick with the hospital quality pharmacuiticals ..eyethangyew.
VTRgirl ...back atcha .. m8 at least youre' back in the saddle, and so quick after the op. Hardcore m8 and goodonya. its gonna be a few weeks before the foot has got enough movement in it to change gear... :cry: it feels like rigour has started to set in. and its such a lovely colour of yellow too...no pills for me today as its Hogmanay tonight.[a sacred festival] here in gods country
and i intend on some devout worship. all the best you lot ill' raise a dram fer youse at the bells.......
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

All the best guys n gals !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Marty . . . . . . . . . told you yellow was the best colour, maybe you should get a yella storm to match your leg ???? :lol:
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Zer0Zer0 wrote:...its gonna be a few weeks before the foot has got enough movement in it to change gear... :cry:
Fear not Zero! My brother incites hope. He pranged his KLR600 some time ago with a chick on tha back. He chipped a bone in his gear-changing foot. Not one to be grounded (must run in the family... :roll: ), he tied one end of his trusty red scarf to the gear lever & gave the other end to the girl. He was able to use the weight of his leg to change the lever down & whenever he wanted to bring it up a notch, he would give a big nod & she would pull the lever up one click.

So there you go. All you need is a reliable pillion :D .
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:
Zer0Zer0 wrote:...its gonna be a few weeks before the foot has got enough movement in it to change gear... :cry:
Fear not Zero! My brother incites hope. He pranged his KLR600 some time ago with a chick on tha back. He chipped a bone in his gear-changing foot. Not one to be grounded (must run in the family... :roll: ), he tied one end of his trusty red scarf to the gear lever & gave the other end to the girl. He was able to use the weight of his leg to change the lever down & whenever he wanted to bring it up a notch, he would give a big nod & she would pull the lever up one click.

So there you go. All you need is a reliable pillion :D .
There must be something in the water :!: :lol: :lol:

Chris.