Storm Gone

General Biker Banter
Alienist

Storm Gone

Post by Alienist »

Well my storm is gone :( Got smashed on a roundabout by someone not giving way. Bike is a write off and I'm rather sore and with chunk out of my knee from hitting the handle bars and hurt my lower back. She didn't even slow down so clobbered the rear wheel side on at 60 kph. Only places I got hurt weren't armoured. Would have taken my left leg out if I'd not been watching her and realised she wasn't stopping and gased it. Supposedly its all on video from a CCTV, so I'm gonna see if I can track it down to see what happened since I only remember the impact and then landing on my back and sliding for a bit.

All considered I got off lightly and now three days later I'm getting most of the movement in the knee back and all the buises and scraps have pretty well come up.

Have a safe one.

Nathan..
My other job is navigator on an Intergalactic
Spice Freighter

Red (of course) 99 storm. Vance & Hines SS2 cans, Dynajet kit and K&N filter.
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

sorry to hear about that mate..sh1t news pal. :(
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Sorry to hear about your accident Nathan, hopefully it is on cctv for your sake, glad you're still here to tell the tale mate, sounds like it could have been much worse for you :!: get well soon mate :!:

Chris.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

bad newws cobber ..hope the cctv footage helps you to shove it, right up her m8 8O
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Hope you're on the mend soon and that you can get the claim sorted - just how blind are these people? Would be interesting if you had to renew your licence every 3 years and have a sight check too. In fact, why not!
DavieMac11

Post by DavieMac11 »

Sorry to hear your news mate. Hopefully you'll track down the cctv footage. Hope you're back to full health soon!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Nathan, that's 'orrible! I'm glad it wasn't worse for you. Sad enough that the bike's cactus, but at least you're largely okay... :?

Get well quick wishes on their way up to you!
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
kevg

Post by kevg »

Sorry to hear that mate, hope your back to full health quickly.
cheerz

kev
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ouch!
Bad news Chum :(
Mend well and don't forget to conserve your energy so you can do the B!tch :evil:

Pete.l
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

Sorry to hear mate! Good that there's no major damage to you though. Hope you're back into ot soon.
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

Sorry to hear that dude - hope that dozy b*tch gets her come-uppance! :twisted:
Alienist

Post by Alienist »

Thanks guys,

Got about 50 percent back in my knee so far and most of that is just trying to stretch the skin so it all works like a shiny new one. Had a look at the bike last week, just as the insurance inspector slapped a big sticker on it saying insurance write off :( Its pretty wrecked and its easy to see the impact point on the left side, which lucky for me was a centimeter from where my heel sits, so I'm appreciating the power of the storm, which I was using to try and get away from her. 8O

So I'm without a bike for a while. Unsure what I will get on to next. Love the VTR so it will be in the running, but a Triumph Speed Triple will be top of the list as well. Do any of you have any experience with the Triple??

Have a great day :D

Nathan..
My other job is navigator on an Intergalactic
Spice Freighter

Red (of course) 99 storm. Vance & Hines SS2 cans, Dynajet kit and K&N filter.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Stratman wrote:Would be interesting if you had to renew your licence every 3 years and have a sight check too. In fact, why not!
Until very recently, a sight check was involved in renewing a licence over here. For some reason, they've stopped bothering... and just before I would've needed glasses to pass...

Nathan, I'm glad you're on the mend & starting to get excited about the next instalment :wink: . I haven't ridden a speed triple, but I pulled up near one at the lights the other day & did it sound sweeeeet! Had Pipemasters on it, and some old married guy :roll: . Looks like lots of fun. Of course, I'm for the VTR all the way, but one must shop around to be sure! Enjoy the test rides when you get there!!! :D
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Nathan,

Sorry to hear about your off, hope every thing gets sorted quickly.

The only thing I can say about the speeed triple is BUY ONE!!!!!

I had one of the 955's and can honestly say that I've never had so much fun on two wheels, one of those bikes that just make you smile every time.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Glad to hear you are on the mend Nathan :!:

iggy1966 wrote: can honestly say that I've never had so much fun on two wheels, one of those bikes that just make you smile every time.
And that's what the Storm does for me :!: :lol: