Brussels motor salon 2006

General Biker Banter
bluesman

Brussels motor salon 2006

Post by bluesman »

Hey guys,take a look at some new bikes :) I have taken some photos on European Motor Salon 2006 in Brussels. You going to like some of this :)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bluesman_ip/my_photos
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
bluesman

Oh no...

Post by bluesman »

Oh No! KAZ! How could you! :wink: :lol:

I was just about to type that IMHO This Kawa looks like pregnant behemoth crossed with dead whale! Ugly!!!! 8O

Nah...This just proves, that design perception is subjective - everybody have his opinion about how bike should like. :wink:

It is new ZZR1400, "Busa beater" as per Kawasaki. VERY big and looks really heavy comparing to Busa.

Don't you like that Ducati PS1000?

I was sold on Duc's Classics, on Triumph Scrambler and Morini.

Here is my overall impressions (as I posted on Hornet site :)) - of course it is IMHO, it's subjective :)

"I had time to look over Suzuki GSR600 (new naked) in more details, and I was very very dissapointed. This thing is probably going well, but design...what looks kinda OK from distance in closer look looks just like Fiesta "styled" by boy racer...
Everything looks fake, even underseat exhaust shields made to look like actual pipes but just plastic covers with huge gaps... and lot of plastic painted "matt silver" like cheap chinese "no name" stereo....

Kawasaki Er6n looks tad better, and feels better made, and dead confortable to sit on - but definitely does not provoke an agressive riding. And it is so short, it feels like Buell....

GSXR1000K5 went up in my list of candidates, because I actually for first time in my life felt comfortable on GSXR. Not sure what did they change in ergonomics, but it works. It is more comfortable than Blade IMHO....

Then we went to see new Morini V-twin naked - gorgeous, comfortable and looks better put together than most of italian bikes on show.
Bennelli TNT still leave impression that designer smoked weed and then designed it - it is great bike, so agressive, only look of it can kill! I mean - it is not ugly, it is scary.

This time I had chance to actually sit on MV Agustas - still uncomfortable, but still beatiful

But in my book 3 bikes won my heart.
Triumph Scrambler - I am really sold on it. Even my wife said she would not mind me buying it (not like I can, but). It is so "warm", so different - and to sit on it is a pleasure, bar feels wide and straight, and it does provoke to stand on pegs!
Then Ducatis Classics - the Paul Smart 1000....oh it is a beauty. With bike like that none of that stuff (comfort from hell, reliability, practicality) matters. If you turn up on bike like that people will be dropping dead in admiration. It really proper retro, not "almost like retro" look, and details unbeleivably neat.
And then Suzuki Van Van trailie - nice little bike.

Then we saw new Kawasaki ZZR1400 speed record beater (intended). Oh my God. It is so ugly....when you look at it words that coming out are "pregnant behemoth" and "dead whale". And with lights on it resembles submarine from sci-fi book. Feels very big when sit on. Very long. Miles bigger than Hayabusa. Probably good bike, but soooo ugly.

Triumph 675 does look nice, but general feeling that lots of new sport and naked bikes left was "this is 100 mile blast bikes". Non-existing pillion seats with no plastic after seat, dwarfed riding position, on 675 it feels like sitting on porch. Even SP2 feels large in comparison and GSXR1000 does not feel so small. No place for luggage, weight heavily on wrists...I give up. I do not like most of new sports and nakeds.

One bike that suprised me nicely was new BMW 800 twin - looks very neat, very retro but yet modern, nice proportions, nice to sit on (until BMW guy pulled me off it since it was not allowed to sit on it ). Even their RS1200 in new design looks better than it was.

Honda stand was boooring. Nothing new really - Blade for some reason feels a bit different this year, less comfortable. Not sure what they did, may be shape of tank.

Wast number of cruisers on show, so I was a bit bored...specially when we came to Harley stand I asked my wife to skip it as I have allergy to HD

Was worth visiting, I took a lot of photos and finally got to sit on ALL bikes I wanted to sit on. Ducati allowed people to sit on all their bikes, including limited edition Paul Smart etc. "
bluesman

oh

Post by bluesman »

shame on me! I should've taken photo of that matt black with carbon Agusta!!! Oh....OK, I owe you this! Next time - I promise :)

Good new about that Kawa - it will be real mile muncher, it is comfortable and rider should be really well protected from elements by feel of it...thou I am only 5' 7" eh...short! :)
And you can put 3 average guys on that seat, meaning there will be place for luggage even two-up.
bluesman

check that

Post by bluesman »

Check this out....it was on show too :)

http://www.mvagusta.it/_vti_g2_ver.aspx ... rpstry=27_
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

i want that crocodile dundee hat you got on!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

it the first time ive' heard someone describe a Triumph as "WARM"
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
bluesman

oh

Post by bluesman »

Oh well, this is what happens when you try to translate your impressions from Russian to English.
I think English words will be combination of cosy and friendly and a bit nostalgic :)

When you sit on it it brings you to think of sandy beach, open fire, old movies, forest roads etc. etc. - no feeling of contemporary rush and agression, just plain old fun.

No, I am not being sentimental - I just want that bike! :)
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

Looks like the Triumph boys spent way too much time looking at the R1 :D Still thought a nice looking machine - that Kawabusa is rank! :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks for the photo's Bluesman, I enjoyed looking at them :wink:

Chris.
Max

Post by Max »

Was the tank on the Buell see thorugh ??, Its a bit different.
Max

bluesman

yes

Post by bluesman »

Yes, and not only tank but all plastics - looks cool I must admit...