slip slidin away...

General Biker Banter
Zer0Zer0

slip slidin away...

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Went out for a wee spin today, saw quite a few bikes about, so i had to get that nodding thing going again. in fact today there were more bikes around than there have been for a few months....Nice... but what the hell is it with the black crap on the roads, now we aint had any rain for over a week here and the pavements are all dry but the roads are still wet and bloody slippery .everytime i opened the throttle even gently, the rear spins up and i fishtail away from lights junctions etc,,,,and the roundabouts are a nightmare..give me good old deisel spills anyday... at least you can smell the stuff and the rainbow in the road is a dead giveaway.. god forbid you hit diesel mixed with the crap the councils have added to the road salt. even my Mrs has commented that the car hasnt been as sure footed as usual either...if i thought it would do any good id write to my MP...and there aint many of them worth the salt in their blood...so it must be bad if im thinking of putting pen to paper..I read somewhere that this muck contains glucose -wheat and sugar by-products....Yeah sounds really sticky dont it...another case of cost cutting oughtweighing the possible risk of this stuff contributing to an accident...
what a bloody country... i think ill emigrate to Oz :evil:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
slim_boy_fat

Post by slim_boy_fat »

Oh i was soooo going to go for a wee spin this afternoon, glad i didnt bother!! I was hoping that after yesterdays weather it would be clear skys again but no!!

Styaed in to watch the rugger, good decision all round me thinks. :D

Wait and see what next week brings.

Owned the bike for 3 weeks now and done 6 miles!!!
It's here.........
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Slim Boy Said
Owned the bike for 3 weeks now and done 6 miles!!!
Yikes!
Go take yourself out the back and give yourself a good birching 8O
I've only had mine three weeks and I'm embarrassed to admit i've only done a paltry 500 odd.
Shame on you :wink:
Pete.l
dookie

Post by dookie »

Been out as well today and the roads round here are okay if there out in the sunshine but awful in the shade , spinning up in a straight line and very slippy out of junctions and tight corners.
The thing im worried about is how long is it gonna take to get rid of this stuff? june? :?
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

hopefully dookie m8 a good downpour will wash all the crud away.
seriously though the sun has been out up here ,and as i said the pavements are dry but the road stays wet slick and shiny..?? and on roads that are not treated IE the tarmac on the farm track to my cottage is bone dry...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Don't mess about, write to your MP's, the more that complain the better :!: :!:
eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

local newsletter type thing revealed that staffs are useing what they call "pre wet salt" or something, aparently it makes it cover the road better instead of having to wait for a bit of damp to make it spread :?
we need to get rid of this crap, my car is 02 and bits are starting to go manky allready so god knows what else its screwing up :evil:
4 cyl = 2ltr , 2 cyl = 1ltr it's all relative.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

could this be the start of a little crusade! it would give some of the local quangos' somthing to worry about, should we write to our respective MPs' seperately , or start a petition and target the DOT, with it? how about that bike riding minister with the Ducati, cant remember his name...would any effort on our part be a waste of time? let me know what you think guys, ill do a little research as to whos' fan the shite should be thrown at.. I am more than a little concerned about this Im wondering how many other countries use this kind of anti freeze on roads, or are we the only one, why would it not surprise me if we were!!!
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

I went for a ride yesterday in an area called The Blue Mountains, great roads, no snow or salt or any thing else, beautiful. The weather was great too, sunny but not too hot. 8)
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Zer0Zer0 wrote:could this be the start of a little crusade! it would give some of the local quangos' somthing to worry about, should we write to our respective MPs' seperately , or start a petition and target the DOT, with it? how about that bike riding minister with the Ducati, cant remember his name...would any effort on our part be a waste of time? let me know what you think guys, ill do a little research as to whos' fan the shite should be thrown at.. I am more than a little concerned about this Im wondering how many other countries use this kind of anti freeze on roads, or are we the only one, why would it not surprise me if we were!!!
Didn't MCNews stand for Parliament last year :!: may be an email to them would first on the matter would be beneficial :!:
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

You beat me to it, Larry. Don't have to read the author's of the posts in this kind of thread. The Aussie ones tend to stand out :wink: .

I did about 700kms yesterday, over Mt Glorious, all around the Sunshine Coast hinterland, lunch at Mapleton overlooking the mountains with the ocean in the distance & back home over The Mountain again. And the weather? Ahhhhh, still brings a smile to my face.

Bliss.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Thought you & Zero were comin' over to enjoy the sunshine, Kaz? You'd best be nice to us or we won't have you :P .
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Dont worry Kaz babes ..didnt i tell you..IT'S MOI OILAND>>> :twisted: :twisted:
kevg

Post by kevg »

Yup, 2 to 3 days sunshine in total for the whole summer.
cheerz

kev
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:Just you wait til we get our summer!!!!!
we're bound to get 2 or 3 days of sunshine while its peeing it down in Oz ! :lol: ( if we're lucky :? )
Nah, doesn't rain in Winter over here. Only in Summer & only at night :D .