what have i done????

General Biker Banter
twintin

what have i done????

Post by twintin »

8O 8O Well i don gon an don it..... Ordered a new z750 yesterday so its bye bye storm :cry: hello orange devil :twisted: yeah i know :roll: im ready for the onslaught, on a serious note though it really is a lovely machine and its gonna be a lot more comfy filtering through the constant stream of traffic coming into work. I am going to miss the storm for its loud brash attitude and huge grunt, but im not going to miss the constant wrist and back ache, crappy stalling for no reason whilst filtering through v slow traffic and the constant fear of CCT failure. But fear not im still staying here (as long as i don't get black balled 8O )just to keep up with things and say hello and of course to read all tonys jokes. I'll let you know how i get on with it when i pick it up.

oh and im not changing my name :D
its not rust it's character
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

You' just have to save some pennies and buy another storm as a weekend toy :!:
twintin

Post by twintin »

You' just have to save some pennies and buy another storm as a weekend toy
hmmmmmmmmmm? now theres a thought i wonder if i could get the capex signed off for that :lol:
Fireman on a Storm

capex??????????
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

What ???????
it may be clever, but its not big.
twintin

Post by twintin »

sorry work talk....... capital expenditure ...... or money that should be spent on bills or boring stuff like that :lol:
Fireman on a Storm

OH!

Should have asked one of the kids!
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

i did the reverse i came off of an 05 Zed onto an y2k storm . you wont like the windblast.. the screaming the nuts off it to get anywhere .. all those gear changes. the tuned sewing machine type noise. the way its gonna feel like a 250cc its tiny but apart from that great fun.. for about an hour at a time.
:lol: :lol:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good luck with your new bike Twintin and I hope you do stick around :!: you won't get black balled by me :lol: :lol:

Chris.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Good luck with the new bike Twintin,

The capex idea is always worth a try, I've often thought about adding a few "misc" items to the capex submission at workand see if there questioned :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

Well, I only just resisted temptation to put some CCT-like fear in you by telling about some known Zed mechanical problem :wink:
but no, forget it and enjoy your new bike! :D

I must admit that thou I still swear by Honda Hornet in traffic and as much more of allround bike than Zed, Zed is an faster and more agressive machine with more sporty potential.

Thou talking traffic - I was suprised to see that my Storm is actually narrower than all bikes I had before including 600 Hornet. And here engine sound makes car drivers to shove off their cars :twisted:
Not the case in UK I think (my impression that car drivers deliberately obstruct bike's way), so you probably will be better with Zed in filtering. :wink:
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
twintin

Post by twintin »

thanks guys. I,m off to sign on the dotted line tonight so a quick zip over to claycross in the pouring rain, and hopefully should be able to pick it up at the weekend :twisted:
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Top one m8

I'm sure you'll like it. As with any bike there's pros/cons compared to your previous bike, but the way I see it, if you miss your old bike that much you can always just buy another...
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
twintin

Post by twintin »

thanks again guys im all set to pick it up saturday :D only problem is the weather forecast says either p*****g down or bloody snow showers. So looks like its gonna get dirty on the way home :D
twintin

Post by twintin »

update after lookin at the weather forecast of sleet/snow/rain/wind tommora im pickin it up tonight :twisted: