OMG ... how quick can a fire take hold!

General Biker Banter
DavieMac11

Post by DavieMac11 »

Glad everyone got out okay Kaz, that's the most important thing!
Pete and Steve were hardy going back in, however being a firefighter myself, the advice i'd give to anyone who finds themselves in the terrible scenario of a house fire is get out, stay out and call 999.
We had a fire up here in the Highlands not so long ago, where a woman got out of her house safely, but returned back into the house to rescue her dog before the emergency services arrived. Tragically, neither of them came back out.
Property and belongings can always be replaced but lives unfortunately cannot.
Davie.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Things like that really make you think, they can happen so quickly and easily, glad too hear nobody got seriously hurt or worse :!:
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I'm with Dave on this one "get out, stay out and call 999"
Property can be replaced Human Life can't. It's not even worth trying to save a pet.

Some of the most regular causes of domestic fires are badly placed candles or ones left unattended, careless disposal of fags.
Another fire cause that is becoming more common is mobile phone chargers. People keep leaving them plugged in all the time.
Charge your phone the unplug it. Don't leave it on charge all night, don't leave the charger plugged in when it's not in use.
As phone chargers get older they tend to get hotter with use.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:Paul and Davie mac.... you guys have my utmost admiration for the job you do!
My sentiments exactly :!:

Chris.
curly

Post by curly »

Well, if all the Firemen are getting a pat on the back for doing a good job I don't want to be left out!!
Seriously though, the amount of damage that can be done by fire has to be seen to be believed. I love my job though, one of the best things I ever did!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Seems lots of firemen choose FireStorms to ride. We've got a good few over here too. Clearly, the Storm reflects character.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
curly

Post by curly »

Thanks Kaz, :D