RACE CAN MARKINGS

General Bike chat

Whats the most mileage out of your tank?

20%
45%
25%
5%
5%

Total votes: 20

rockape34

RACE CAN MARKINGS

Post by rockape34 »

Hey folks, :D I hope everyone is ok and not getting cut up by too many car owners not used to looking out for bikes after a long winter :( ....Does anyone know the current view on exhaust markings? I am lead to believe that cans are no longer required to be marked due to the influx of foreign bike imports. Its now down to the MOT Tester to assess the Db's or plod with the relevant eqpt? Anyone clarify?

If so, the NOT FOR ROAD USE marking are getting rubbed off tomorrow :twisted: and ride legally?
Last edited by rockape34 on Sat May 06, 2006 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
logan7

Post by logan7 »

Hi rockape i was told my the mot tester that as long as you dont have "not for road use" stamped on you cans then you should be ok
but for your poll you need a lower starting point as i have never got 110 out of a tank full yet 8O
The force is strong in this one
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

i put 120 but the actual milage was 125..but then it was dry!!and i found out by accident!! :oops:
ImageImageImageImage
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

The new test rules are that as long as the can is not stamped or marked as not for road use....and the noise is not to loud on tick over then its a pass...
I have quill race cans on mines.. passed mot no probs... :wink:
dookie

Post by dookie »

The new rules state that the exhaust must be of comparable noise to a standard one in fair condition and of course not have "not for road use " stamped on them , this is of cause all down to the testers discretion.
There was a time i used to care
kingster

Post by kingster »

Was told the other day by a tester that all you need do is cover up the "not for road use" bit with a sticker, as they aren't allowed to remove stickers.

Then it is up to their discretion about the noise.

Kingster
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

And a little further south and you get . . . . . . ME !!!!! :D :D
kingster

Post by kingster »

Hi Kaz

I'll keep a look out for you, you must get up Hartside every now an then I take it? Plus I often head down Weardale as I like that neck of the woods.

Kingster
jurgen

Post by jurgen »

ha...had to pic 110 but hey that's more likely to be 110km as mines's an import. Never got more then 128km out of it though :-(
Jurgs