Well, if everyone else is selling theirs...

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

Well, if everyone else is selling theirs...

Post by VTRgirl »

I'm selling mine too.

BUT...

At least I have the sense to be purchasing a new one :D .

The ruggedly handsome Pacifier has agreed to purchase my fine piece of machinery (no, not that... my Storm...). I went a few days ago & priced a new '06 Storm, which compared to the kind of prices you lot get, is pretty expensive... :? .

Up until a few years ago, the new VTRs here were going for $17,000. Since then, they've been on special for $14,000 ride away (basically means it includes taxes & enough fuel to get you to the first servo). Looks like I'll be able to pick one up for $12,500 from a dealer in Brisbane. Nothing in writing at this stage, so I'm not counting chooks, but things are looking good.

The only downfall is that I have to choose from gloss black (nice, but only if it's washed & polished 5 minutely :roll: ) or red (sooooo common...). So looks like red is the pick for a non-bike washer like m'self, even though the Pacifier is under contract to keep it shiny. I've hinted at a respray, should anyone be at a loss for my upcoming birthday... :wink: I've got dreamy images of gun-metal grey...

Anyway, shall be sure to keep you posted... :D
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Black, go Black. All the cool chicks should know that!

:wink:
Max

Post by Max »

At least its not going to be yellow :roll:

runs and hides :lol:
Max

Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

and whats wrong with red????
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

The majority of Storms in Oz land are red... it'll be just like everyone else's.

I'd go for the respray option or a black one and buy a jet wash. Black comes up well with just a good rinse - no real washing...
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Well, if everyone else is selling theirs...

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:I'm selling mine too.

BUT...

At least I have the sense to be purchasing a new one :D .

The ruggedly handsome Pacifier has agreed to purchase my fine piece of machinery (no, not that... my Storm...). I went a few days ago & priced a new '06 Storm, which compared to the kind of prices you lot get, is pretty expensive... :? .

Up until a few years ago, the new VTRs here were going for $17,000. Since then, they've been on special for $14,000 ride away (basically means it includes taxes & enough fuel to get you to the first servo). Looks like I'll be able to pick one up for $12,500 from a dealer in Brisbane. Nothing in writing at this stage, so I'm not counting chooks, but things are looking good.

The only downfall is that I have to choose from gloss black (nice, but only if it's washed & polished 5 minutely :roll: ) or red (sooooo common...). So looks like red is the pick for a non-bike washer like m'self, even though the Pacifier is under contract to keep it shiny. I've hinted at a respray, should anyone be at a loss for my upcoming birthday... :wink: I've got dreamy images of gun-metal grey...

Anyway, shall be sure to keep you posted... :D
I'll be interested to hear what you decide on :!:

Chris.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I should've known the main point that would be taken from my post, would be about colour choice! :lol:

Actually, Kitch, from what I've seen around Oz, yellow is the most popular. I really don't want to go the "common" option, but I can't even remember the last time I washed my bike. The Pacifier has given it the once over a couple of times in the last few weeks, but before then, the last time it was washed was February last year... 8O

(I'm really going to cop it for that, aren't I?)

I'm really keen on the respray & will be getting some quotes, but there are other, more important things, like pipes & sprockets, etc. I'd rather change a couple of things like move to iridium plugs & K&N filter, etc as well. So I'll just have to hope the respray magically happens around my birthday...
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

A respray for your 21st would be a lovely present! :wink:
curly

Post by curly »

Leave it red, you know you want to!! :D
Join the Red gang, we are all happier and faster!!! :P
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:A respray for your 21st would be a lovely present! :wink:
Mmmmm... A fireman AND a sweet-talker! :wink:
Actually, I was just told that apparently I've been dropping an awful lot of hints about what I want for my "21st...", so I guess I'd better not get my hopes up too high for a respray...
curly wrote:Leave it red, you know you want to!! :D
Join the Red gang, we are all happier and faster!!! :P
Are not!

(VTRgirl can't believe she's seriously contemplating & probably going to be joining the red club...)
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Go for red.... you know it makes Sense..
Ive seen some new ones for sale here pre reg & some not registered old stock.. most are going for around the £5500 mark which is not to bad for a new bike...im contemplating buying another one myself
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Stormtrooper wrote:Ive seen some new ones for sale here pre reg & some not registered old stock.. most are going for around the £5500 mark which is not to bad for a new bike...im contemplating buying another one myself
Dont buy one in Glasgow. Victor Devine has an unregistered blue one for £6,699 8O 8O

Mind you, Victor always a bit of a crook (allegedly)
Rich.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl it looks like you will be getting about the same deal that we could get over here, well going by Stormtrooper anyway may be a little better going by a quick conversion,

12,500.00 AUD Australia Dollars = 5,118.02 GBP United Kingdom Pounds
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Thanks for that Chris! The $12,500 isn't a done deal yet, but it looks like that's what I'll get. It seems pretty good for here, and judging by the conversion, close to your prices. I have noticed in the past that your bikes tend to go for less than the same over here.

Just makes the riders over here a bit more elite, I guess :wink: .
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:Thanks for that Chris! The $12,500 isn't a done deal yet, but it looks like that's what I'll get. It seems pretty good for here, and judging by the conversion, close to your prices. I have noticed in the past that your bikes tend to go for less than the same over here.

Just makes the riders over here a bit more elite, I guess :wink: .
You're welcome VTRgirl, not much use to you but I thought you might be interested in the price comparison :!:

I'm not sure about the elite bit, although if you are referring to the influence over political decision-making you may be right :!: but I do know all vehicles here in the UK get a heavy tax slapped on them :!: I remember some years ago you could buy a Triumph motorcycle in the USA quite a few thousand pounds (dollars equivalent) cheaper than we could in the UK, the annoying thing was that they were actually made over here :!: