re-active visor

General Biker Banter
beckster

re-active visor

Post by beckster »

I hope this hasn't already been covered or sound really dumb but i was out on the bike this evening for a blast and left the house with my clear visor then it gets sunny and you can't see then it dulls again but wouldn't it be a good idea to make a visor out of the same material they use for glasses (the re-active stuff,then you would only need one visor and not have to worry about stopping to change) :idea:
Ians98VTR

Post by Ians98VTR »

fog city make them mate,very good,and dont mist up,stick on inside of your visor,well worth having :wink:
Wow! bet that can shift
Max

Post by Max »

I used to have one in my old helmet before I got my S1 they are great work really well
Max

beckster

Post by beckster »

sorry for being a nob,only got on a bike again after 3 yrs so still getting back up to speed :oops: :oops: :oops:
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

The fog city light reactive are good BUT be warned after riding through a freezing winter they stop reacting properly.
After a second winter the don't react at all.

They do keep working really well as a fog city.

I have been using fog cities for about 10 years especially when instructing they are great!
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

Have to say when I had a Fog City I really didn't get on with it. I did a lot of commuting in darkness and found that I was getting reflections as I wear glasses for driving as well. Thought I'd add that though I've not heard many people complain about them...
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beckster

Post by beckster »

I think i'll give one a go for convienence of not changing visors,but i don't think it will beat a proper dark visor for sun protection.
If it ain't broke,fiddle with it!
Fireman on a Storm

beckster wrote:I think i'll give one a go for convienence of not changing visors,but i don't think it will beat a proper dark visor for sun protection.
Definitely not. It will go about as dark as a mediium to dark pair if sun glasses, but it is enough not to have to stop and change your visor.
baldzone

Post by baldzone »

stevieVTR wrote:Have to say when I had a Fog City I really didn't get on with it. I did a lot of commuting in darkness and found that I was getting reflections as I wear glasses for driving as well. Thought I'd add that though I've not heard many people complain about them...
I've had that problem in darkness as well. It's fine if you can keep it spotlessly clean and scratch free which is pretty impossible. Superb for day riding though. Rarely need to use sunglasses now.
Fireman on a Storm

baldzone wrote:
stevieVTR wrote:Have to say when I had a Fog City I really didn't get on with it. I did a lot of commuting in darkness and found that I was getting reflections as I wear glasses for driving as well. Thought I'd add that though I've not heard many people complain about them...
I've had that problem in darkness as well. It's fine if you can keep it spotlessly clean and scratch free which is pretty impossible. Superb for day riding though. Rarely need to use sunglasses now.
Since starting to wear glasses in the last couple of years I have had this occasionaly, I've been trying to pluck up the courage to try contact lenses 8O