colwynbaymcycles - ebay con

General Biker Banter
amacbrown

colwynbaymcycles - ebay con

Post by amacbrown »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0068505573

Have you noticed this firestormers? This is the third time i've seen these guys try to flogg this bike. They are trying to con us with 23 false bids
grinner

Post by grinner »

Nah, they do this now with vehicle sales, not showing the bidder to prevent dodgy attempts to rip them off! The bidders are only visable to the seller.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:deffinately looks like someone is trying fool us with bids... they're all bidder 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 ! cheeky buggers ! :lol:
Thats a new ebay thing. Any bids over £100 get entered as bidder 1 2 3 4.....
Rich.

chaz

Post by chaz »

if you go to bid history you can hover over the right hand column marked view dont click just cursor over and it tells you briefly how long they have been registered what their feed back is like .
the problem being for you and me is we cant see who the bidder is and what rating they have so we dont know how serious they are, I am assured if you are the seller you can see. the other factor is, is as a bidder you wont know if you are bidding against a mate or a garage.

It is supposed to be a way that other dodgy people cant offer their bikes to unsuccessful bidders or contact them. supposidly for the bidders security BUT having said that , I have emailed and rang sellers when I have noticed fraudulent bidders bidding. On more than one occasion Ive contacted various sellers regarding bidders who register one day and spent over a million quid. blatantly obvious they wont buy as they put a bid of £10,000+ to secure highest bid. This messes serious bidders up and sellers as ebay take their commission, get interest on it and it takes the seller 7 days to get a refund.
Beast

Post by Beast »

And that picture might of been taken from the Dobles website.
It's their showroom in the pic. :)
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

I ve been to Colwyn bay motorcycles...the shop is genuine
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

weird....they aint sold a thing since oct 2006????? :o
chaz

Post by chaz »

tony.wilde1 wrote:weird....they aint sold a thing since oct 2006????? :o
not a major problem with bike shops 'out of season' I dont know how many bikes Taylors in Chippenham have sold this year , but every time I go in the salesmen are stood round chatting, the boss is either golfing and cant be interupted or reading the paper and the showrooms getting run down as they look like closing. When Ive been in Fowlers , Frasers or Riders locally the bikes are all jammed in together and its a pain trying to get a sit on them.
Bonart

Post by Bonart »

The item is probably genuine but if you look at bidder 8's stats, he's a newly registered user with no history and he keeps pushing the bid up.
Member of staff? or genuine bidder? I know when I first registered on Fleabay there was no way I was bidding £4900 on my first transaction.
I just feel sorry for the genuine bidders who are tryin' to pick up a bargain.
curly

Post by curly »

I'll have the speed triple further down the ad please!!! :D :D
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

i cant believe none of you actually spotted the LARGE NOTICE AT THE TOP OF THE BIDDING PAGE:

As online shopping evolves, eBay continues to focus on preserving our marketplace's open and level playingfield whilst protecting our Community of members. We have decided to change how bid history information is displayed so unscrupulous people cannot target bidders with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to see other bidder's User IDs on the listing page. Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, Bidder 2 etc.

No wonder so many ebayers just bid on things without actually reading first!

(sorry in a strop today lol)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Do ya like that B805 further down their 'for sale' list?

I once spoke to a dealer about a FireStorm that was advertised on eBay. He was a good (as in nice bloke) salesman who warned me that the second hand bikes they put on eBay were the ones they couldn't shift at all in the shop!!!
Bit like the old dealer with cars through-the-auction as they used to do to get rid of old tat. 8O
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

LotusSevenMan wrote:Do ya like that B805 further down their 'for sale' list?
I wondered about that Sachs myself, I think I would like to see one in the flesh so to speak before I commented on it, but it did catch my eye :!: