front wheel spacing

General Bike chat
streetf2

front wheel spacing

Post by streetf2 »

I cant work out whats wrong.I have put front wheel back in as hainea manual says with the long spacer on the right when you sit on bike but its not centred in the forks if i put on the calipers they are not quite centre on the discs, but if i was to change the spacers round it would be miles out of centre.Has anyone else had this problem,or should the wheel not be in the centre of the forks on the storm although this sounds a very strange idea i know.
If it aint fixed don't break it.
alan

Post by alan »

when you put the spindle through and lined it up do the pinch bolts up on the right side (stood in front of bike) then torque the spindle up the left fork leg will pull over slightly to line the calipers up then do the rest of the pinch bolts up.

this has happened to me on my old forks i thought exactly the same as you but if you do it in that order you will see where your going wrong.
streetf2

Post by streetf2 »

Thanks alan i will be up at five in the morning to give that a go before i go to work its been doing my head in.
streetf2

Post by streetf2 »

i feel so stupid cant believe i couldnt see that thanks again alan you were right its back in the middle now.Thanks again!
alan

Post by alan »

Well i didnt want to call you stupid ....................as ive done exactly the same :wink: