Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

No point in posting it twice :)

viewtopic.php?p=489239#p489239

Chris.
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

I got some nice new rubber fitted. I had some Roadtec 01s on there but they had worn to the point where the handling was decidely dodgy, lots of inside bar pressure needed to hold down in the turns. Replaced with nice new Bridgestone S22s. These feel super lovely and the bike loves them, feeling very secure and steady leaned over to any angle (and we have the weather to do that too). I also run Bridgestone T31GTs on my ST1300 and that also feels fab on them.
IMG_1884.jpg
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Cadbury64 wrote:I got some nice new rubber fitted. I had some Roadtec 01s on there but they had worn to the point where the handling was decidely dodgy, lots of inside bar pressure needed to hold down in the turns. Replaced with nice new Bridgestone S22s. These feel super lovely and the bike loves them, feeling very secure and steady leaned over to any angle (and we have the weather to do that too). I also run Bridgestone T31GTs on my ST1300 and that also feels fab on them.
IMG_1884.jpg
That scenery looks familiar Image

It's hard to beat a fresh set of tyres for an instant handling upgrade! The s22's are really popular, I bet they are great.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Jamie :wave:
Cadbury64

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Cadbury64 »

Jamoi wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:24 am
Cadbury64 wrote:I got some nice new rubber fitted. I had some Roadtec 01s on there but they had worn to the point where the handling was decidely dodgy, lots of inside bar pressure needed to hold down in the turns. Replaced with nice new Bridgestone S22s. These feel super lovely and the bike loves them, feeling very secure and steady leaned over to any angle (and we have the weather to do that too). I also run Bridgestone T31GTs on my ST1300 and that also feels fab on them.
IMG_1884.jpg
That scenery looks familiar Image

It's hard to beat a fresh set of tyres for an instant handling upgrade! The s22's are really popular, I bet they are great.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
A favourite scenic spot on a twisty road, Findlay Rd near Miranda.
IMG_1881.jpg
I gave the S22's another pasting today, they have more stick than I have courage which always seems like the right way around.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
Jamoi

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Jamoi »

Cadbury64 wrote: A favourite scenic spot on a twisty road, Findlay Rd near Miranda.
IMG_1881.jpg
I gave the S22's another pasting today, they have more stick than I have courage which always seems like the right way around.

I've ridden that road on my mates Honda Transalp on the way to Coromandel! It's a wonderful part of the world. Image
Jamie :wave:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Moved the bar muffs and topbox to the lil Duke 390, no more commuting on the XSR, saving it for weekends blasts in the summer ideally. :beer:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Stripped & cleaned 2 l/h switchgears...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

The LC got a nice set of Renthals as close to yamaha bend as i could get, it had near flat bars on it and they were horrible things. gear oil and plugs so shes ready to go.

the MT got looked it, it tried to bite me so i left it alone :lol:

dori got the bodywork back on and a new 60 profile rear tyre the other day, the sticky version of the road 5 :thumbup: . dropped the rear suspension a bit and,............................its also done.

now im bored :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Got the carbs, airbox and fuel pump fitted.
Beef

Post by Beef »

freeridenick wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:03 pm Got the carbs, airbox and fuel pump fitted.
Have you always had the fuel pump fitted Nick? I have my fuel tap to modify to see if I can sort the fuel issue...... i just can't be arsed to wrap up like Scott of the Antarctic to work on it!!!
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Beef wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:20 pm
freeridenick wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:03 pm Got the carbs, airbox and fuel pump fitted.
Have you always had the fuel pump fitted Nick? I have my fuel tap to modify to see if I can sort the fuel issue...... i just can't be arsed to wrap up like Scott of the Antarctic to work on it!!!
Yeah it's cold. I insulated my garage door in the summer and that helps.

I've always had one fitted but had to relocate it. I've no fuel tap on mine so no vacuum pipe, just a straight connection to the pump.
Lloydie2954

Post by Lloydie2954 »

Bought 3 bungies to wrap round the bike cover so it doesn't blow away again like it did last night :crazy: :lol:
Beef

Post by Beef »

freeridenick wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:29 pm
I've always had one fitted but had to relocate it. I've no fuel tap on mine so no vacuum pipe, just a straight connection to the pump.
What do you have connection wise - or do you mean the tap now has no diaphragm in it? That’s the route I am going.
When I had the bike on the dyno, we didn’t use the fuel tank & the bike was pretty much perfect so my issue is either the tap or the tank vent....
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Got the flywheel off and packed up ready to go to Fabio and fitted the slipper clutch.

I've no idea what brand the friction plates are that came with the clutch but they have a much higher land to sea ratio than the stock ones.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

removed the seat from Dori just to tidy up bits and bobs you cant see but i know they are there.. epoxy resin on the contact points with the bike to stop any cracking as the seat unit if quite lightweight.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: