Dunlop 207 e

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
redrobo

Dunlop 207 e

Post by redrobo »

Can anybody out there tell me about these tyres? Ebay £117 pair. I'm working to a budget for a european road trip later this year. I've had 2 sets of conto road attacks and I have no complaints with the compromise between grip and wear rate but..... £160 pair now.

Anybody who has experience of the Dunlops, their contribution will be grately appreciated.
Sounds of thunder
Collywog19

Re: Dunlop 207 e

Post by Collywog19 »

Im not a big fan of dunlops unless its the sticky ones for 125-400cc range.

I had d208 on rear of vtr not long back, and found it was ok, but ntohing brilliant.

Just put a set of rennsports on today :)

I remember having 207's on my zx6r years ago, were sh1t in the wet lol.

Col
Bikes ftw!
redrobo

Post by redrobo »

I guess they're cheap for a reason!
Think I'll wait and get the Conti's
Sounds of thunder
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

Used to run these on my Exup and never had a problem with the grip but thats a heavy bike, 1000 miles would see one off though :roll:
Stu

Post by Stu »

If your after cheaper tyres try the Maxxis - we've been testing them on the road and track and very impressed so far and this was all compounds
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

Stu wrote:If your after cheaper tyres try the Maxxis - we've been testing them on the road and track and very impressed so far and this was all compounds
I use maxiss inters on my CCM unbelievable grip!
firestarter1977

Post by firestarter1977 »

agreed

maxxis on my ccm too !

bags and bags of grip !!

mark

the thunder rolls on!!!
gilson

Post by gilson »

Hi, there. I'm currently nursing two bruised shoulders from the front skipping away twice at cadwell on Monday.

I've now realised that it was due to my front tyre. I bought some Metzler racetecs from FWR (159 for two) knowing that they were a K0 front and a K1 rear. I new the K0 is the softest but thought I'd at least get two track days from it. NO I didn't.... one track day was all I got, and that was at Brands on 14th Feb (which is was great in the cold). However, only when unloading it from the van did I realise that the front and back tyres are now completely different in texture. The front is hard, I jokingly say like Bakelite and the rear is as normal. No wonder I fell off with this tyre... I wasn't even going fast so couldn't explain it... now I know.... sob sob.

So, what I've decided is against my Scentist training, NOT to experiment with tyres. Stick to what I know and what I like. Hence me taking back a pair of 208 GP racers, not because they are not good (I wouldn't know, have't tried them), but because I'm not taking the risk anymore cause it hurts!! Actually I'll see if anyone wants to buy them rather than taking them back as it's in SE11... too far to go.

I suppose the morale of the story is think carefully about saving money on tyres, another 50GBP could make the difference. Buy the tyre you want, not what you can afford.
No bike (yet).
roger

Post by roger »

nothing wrong with 207's
last tyres i had were avon azaro's compared to them the 207e is fantab.
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Had 207s and 208s on my Storm. Never a problem.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.