Change brake line to Braided?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
siggy

Change brake line to Braided?

Post by siggy »

Hi All

I'm thinking about putting some braided brake lines on the bike.
Any recommendations (goodridge or other)?
Is it worth it? (I guess it must be or others wouldn't do it) :D
How easy is it? Is it just take off old, bolt on new, pump fluid through and bleed?

Cheers for any advice.

Pete

PS. read somewhere in the list about someone making
them up from scratch, as bought ones are too long!
Are these available to buy through the list and self fit?
I'll see if I can find the post & mail the poster direct!
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

Just fitted a set of Goodridge. They can be ordered in the lengths you reqiure. They are also available in the colour of your bike. Fits straight on with out any problems. Just measure the length between the connections with a wire. Remember to stretch out the fork. The set I bought have two separate lines. I have used DOT 5.1 brake fluid and the brake handle is much firmer than original. Good luck with the braking.
Last edited by petrolhead on Tue May 11, 2004 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
t00lkit

Banjo bolts

Post by t00lkit »

I have just got a M&P flyer through the post and they are offering Earls 2 x brake line kits (stainless) for £36.99 (ex P&P)

They also sell seperates, ie double banjo bolts, these are in 2 sizes, 1.0mm and 1.25mm, but which does the 'storm need?
Presumably these would be contained in the kit anyway.

Can someone confirm the size
cheers
t00lkit
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
steve trow

brake hoses made to measure

Post by steve trow »

Ive just ordered a pair of braided front hoses from charlie williams'everything but bikes' in chester.
They make the hoses up to order and charge £15 each with crome fittings and £20 each in stainless.... :wink:
Either take the bike in and they will measure it up or give them your desired lengths and banjo angles. ready the next dayish.
I tried 'hein gericke' commonly known as 'bikers ikea'( everythings cheap but sh1t) :D :evil: they dont stock much and would be £16 more in cadmium finish..