clutch ???

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
chuxsta

Re: clutch ???

Post by chuxsta »

update,

some one suggested seeing how the clutch was after the new oil,
sadly no better if not worse than before..

been gentle with her after just getting her back on the road since the spill,
on the way back home today gave it a bit o a thrashing and checked the clutch

while at HIGH revs dip the clutch in a fraction and hold it there so the revs rise.
then after a few seconds the clutch lets itself out with the lever in the same place.
i feel the pressure go from the clutch lever then come back but even after pressure is returned in the clutch the engine is fully engaged.

if that makes sense ..
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

agree if no fluid loss at slave, put new seals in the master, maybe an internal leak, good you back on road :thumbup:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
franz125

Post by franz125 »

Hello!I am Estonian,so sorry if I had some language problems :oops: I think the key words is judder spring and spring seat.I bought my VTR two years ago and I had very similar problem.It was second hand bike from Italy.Almost every time if I want to take off, bike starts to move and then jumps and rises first wheel.The shop can`t fix this.So I disassembled clutch and notice the judder spring was upside down.The first metal plate was groovy,every time the spring jumps over it.And the end of problems with clutch :D
Pantaloonie

Post by Pantaloonie »

franz125 wrote:Hello!I am Estonian,so sorry if I had some language problems :oops: I think the key words is judder spring and spring seat.I bought my VTR two years ago and I had very similar problem.It was second hand bike from Italy.Almost every time if I want to take off, bike starts to move and then jumps and rises first wheel.The shop can`t fix this.So I disassembled clutch and notice the judder spring was upside down.The first metal plate was groovy,every time the spring jumps over it.And the end of problems with clutch :D
That sounds a lot like my bike..... it's done it a few times, only when cold though, a screeching noise followed by an involuntary wheelie as the clutch bites. Scared the bejebus out of me a couple of times :Toilet1:
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

FirestormMike wrote:
chuxsta wrote:
i feel the pressure go from the clutch lever then come back but even after pressure is returned in the clutch the engine is fully engaged.
Surely then thats an issue in the master/slave cylinder or clutch line - maybe needs bleeding due to air in the system or a leak ?

Bring it over, got some fluid in the garage if you want to bleed the system.
got some fluid here from when i bled it last time..
will give it another go see what happens..

i forgot to mention in the update.. i still get problems when gassing it hard and going through the gears using the clutch rather than clutchless shifts it seems to drag on the initial change as if the clutch has not disengaged fully.

hand full of clutch up a gear clutch fully out throttle to the stop and its as if im holding the clutch in just a fraction..