who's not going to work today?

General Biker Banter
seb421

who's not going to work today?

Post by seb421 »

i wont be going college or work tonight, just spent a good while pushing my dad's car back up the drive after he attempted to get the car out...mistake!

some one else has had to leve there car on some one elses drive after they attemptd to get out and failed and couldnt get back up our hill, haha.

still thowing snowballs at the neighbours windows was fun for all of 10 mins, then i got a passing school boy right in the back of the neck, ouch stinger! he then theatend me with his cusion, that made my morning or night for me as i only got in from work at 4am'ish and havent had a sleep yet

there is a small mulisha out side trying in vain to clear the snow as soon as they do a new patch the old patch is filled in again, pure gold watching this! haha
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: who's not going to work today?

Post by Pete.L »

Jammy Gits.
I've been watching the weather and it looks like we might be one of the only places in the country to escape the snow.
We've got nothing more than a light flurry forecasted :thumbdown:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
kevg

Post by kevg »

i'm at home too, was out clearing 6 inches of snow off the car this morning and one of the neighbours came over and told me the main road was blocked with an accident.....no more excuse than that needed, phoned work...SNOW DAY, yay.

snowing heavily again now, 1/2 hour after me and the neighbours cleared all the drives and the culdesac. DOH!!
cheerz

kev
mwross1964

Post by mwross1964 »

9" thanks.no work today or tomorrow

:mrgreen:
anything with wheels or tits is gonna cost ya money.
but who needs money
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Fortunately (or not?) I work from home, though I did venture out today about 20 miles. We haven't got too much left here, but still quite icy.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I'm in work and for once I'm glad.................central heatings broke at home :Rant1:
Rich.

balls

Post by balls »

Did not make it today I share a car with 2 workmates
derick who drives txt me from st just to say that it looked a bit thick and did not want to take the risk so I rang my m8 pete who also has a car but he did not want to go so I thought I will wait till daylight and have a look at it it was horrible but thought I will go out and try and get to the railway station after about 400 yards I thought blow this its bloody cold my feet were wet and the train service was restricted with no garantee that the train going home would turn up ,Well im not going to get any medals for making a effort and I am not paid enougth to risk slipping down and hurting myself so I rang them up and said its to icy and went for a coffie . :thumbup:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

well im going work tonight, from Horwich to leyland, its about 21 miles to work and its sh1t!

have to top up because UPS sack people!

my mate had 6 days of in a 3 month period, 3 of days he spent in hospital with blood on his lungs, and two of the other three days was due to a car crash,

UPS saked him a few week before christmas and he was one of the best workers!

Nice one.

i cant afford to take the risk as i had two weeks off a few month ago and rang in last night when it was snowing
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

gaffer rang me at 7am yesterday to say don't bother, so spent the day shaggin and gettin paid for it lol :D
today i spent 3 hrs diggin me works car out and made it to a job in aintree.
easy life!
going to morecambe tomorrow.
usually do 3500 mile a mth, if i don't turn in i only make my basic pay so it's worth makin the effort, but i have a 400 excess on the works car so have to use judgement whether it's worth smashing it up.

shovel in the back tho - got stuck a few times!
surprising how many nobs in bmw x5s ive seen stuck in central barriers.
(i got 4x4 & i'm invincible....... not) :clap:

just dug my mg out from under a ft deep smowdrift lol - took ages to thaw it out but no point trying to move it yet!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well,
I finally got my snow day so I'm happy :cool2 . We had a few inches yesterday and whilst waiting to see if it was going to stop I got a call telling me not to bother :thumbup:
I'm back in today though. -12 on the way in :eek2 and pretty scary in places and guess who's the only bugger that's made it in so far.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Same here Mike.

Took the last 2 days off-had some time accrued anyway. Car had 8 inches of snow on it last night when I went to clear it off.

Roads are were well icy this morning-don't think our council bother with any grit-seen 3 gritters in the past 4 days :x soon as I got to Sheffield the roads were fine...
SP1's rock!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

well last night in leyland it was -8 at like 3am that was outside which felt warm compared to the inside of our workplace at UPS

we have no heating system and no adacuate uniform evan tho by law they are supposed to supply us with either os these in a manual labour enviroment working in tempreatures of less than 13c

there a wombles joke!

got on to the health and saftey people and management, i dont think im flavour of the month as ive caused a bit of hasstle, evan the fire exits and steps at work haddent been gritted opend the back door at work and almost fell down the staires!
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I went to work at 5.30 am ,and my car was showing -11C 8O , it was -9C ,at 10.30am,so temp hadn't increased much.

Regardin workplace ,mines was like your's Seb ,..FREEZING ..,the health and safety thermometer was showing +13C/55F,...............it must be cold,cos for the 1st time in 14 years i've had to wear a jumper under my boilersuit :!:
Stevie