filtering protest in france????

General Biker Banter
benny hedges

filtering protest in france????

Post by benny hedges »

:clap: :clap: anyone seen this????

viva le frog :thumbup:

http://ukfrancebikers.com/2010/03/14/fr ... than-ever/

good on em i say :thumbup: pity we don't protest the same here.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Gallax

Re: filtering protest in france????

Post by Gallax »

Not very often i say nice things about the french but that is absolutely spot on, good on um.
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

True enough, the French don't muck about. And if the unelected EU have their way, it will be compulsory for Bikers to wear Hi-Vis vests too. Here in Blighted, I read in Motorcycle Monthly (March Issue) that Police in Nottinghamshire are stopping Bikers to issue Hi-Vis Kits although in Lincolnshire, you're spared a stop but can collect the kit from designated places.
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Twinpotter wrote: it will be compulsory for Bikers to wear Hi-Vis vests too. .
that would be acceptable imo if they started to prosecute drivers for failing to see bikers wearing them.
if you miss someone wearing a hi visibility vest or the bib/strap -on things they're giving out, then that should be a clear case of undue care & attention.

reminds me of mid 80s when they wanted to make crash bars and flashing helmet lights compulsory :/
doesn't make a blind bit of difference if driver's don't look.

i even get pulled out on in my passat estate so what chance has a bike got lol, lights / hi vis or not.

be interesting to see how many uk bikes turn out for the fuel protest on the m62.....
in case you hadn't heard it's scheduled for 1st may (i think!) from bradford to manchester, in protest of rising fuel costs.
maybe someone can confirm the details?
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

I've worn reflective bands/vest (which I have under the seat) in severe weather but I choose to depending on the prevailing conditions but I don't agree that unelected bureaucrats (or anyone else) should make it compulsory that HiVis must be worn unless all other vehicles are painted HiVis too (rather have stiffer penalties for knocking bikers off).

I'm of the opinion that if a road user is unable to spot a bike (with lights on) on the road (riding within the regs, etc), they really shouldn't be on the road.

Besides, when we go for a run, we'll all look like Oranges and Lemons.

Squash that.
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Here, here,Tim. I desided years ago that my son and daughter would have a bike before a car licence...but it did'nt turn out the way i planned it .they both passed their tests for bikes at 17 and neither has bothered with cars since,my lad is now 25 and is only now thinking of a car licence.I firmly believe it makes
for better car drivers,if you've had a bike first
ChrisC
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i think recent tv and radio campaingns for drivers to think bike have definately made a difference lately - the amount of drivers who move over for you has increased imo.
maybe they think i'm dave lol :biggrin

there will always be blind bastids tho.
one of my beliefs is the 70 rule.
70mph signs should also mean max age 70 years old.
no more doddering old farts doing 40 on the motorway and hogging the middle lane, no more clogging dual carriageways in their mercs, noses pressed to the screen.

imvho when your licence expires at 70 that should be it.
you get a bus pass and have already had 5years grace to get used to using FREE public transport.
get the geriatric fkers off the road.
atm there is no upper age limit for drivers, but it's obvious that mental faculty, hearing and vision deteriorates rapidly with old age.

on abs - did you see in mcn the eu are considering making abs compulsory on bikes - with a 100bhp limit :thumbdown:

you'll always get more than 2p worth off me lol :mad2
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

maybe they should ban people under 70 from using motorways so we can have all the b roads back :thumbup:

lucky you weren't on the a1 timbo lol
[youtube][/youtube]