Gearing Speedo corrector query and brake mod feedback

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
MarkHunt

Gearing Speedo corrector query and brake mod feedback

Post by MarkHunt »

Hi All,

Took forum advice and fitted 43 tooth rear Renthal, very nice mod, makes the bike feel well perky, though I keep looking for 7th and amazingly it's added 10 - 15mph to all my best corner speeds, arf, arf...ok seriously now, the speedo obviously over-reads by 10 -15%, does everyone just live with that or is there a mod I can do to get things back to normal ?.

Regarding the brakes, I fitted CBR600R 2004 calipers after they had been stripped and modded by Jonesy (thanks again mate), brought them off Ebay from the U.S and they were in super nick (they don't use road salt out there, they use urea as an ice melt, it's less corrosive and makes the grass grow!!!!)

I mated them up to an SP1 Master Cylinder, HEL brake lines and EBC HH Pads, verdict super good, super powerful and with some Pazzo lever, the dogs baldrocks, well happy, I'd recommend it, though you do have to take some metal off the calipers to get them to fit the forks.

Hope to see you all in July.

regards

Marky Mark
benny hedges

Re: Gearing Speedo corrector query and brake mod feedback

Post by benny hedges »

might well do similar to mine bud. quite disappointed with the brakes tbh and the fact that it's nearly impossible to get a stoppie with standard front brakes.
and the back brake?
i used to brake faster on my grifter by putting my new school shoes on the tyre!
already stripped and cleaned them and pads are ok with plenty of wear - i thought they must've had a seized pot or sumat but no, theyre just not as good as some ive ridden!

where did i see that comparison chart for all the different disc, caliper and mc combos? :confused :confused

re the speedo inaccuracy? duno but mine didnt seem all that bad tbh - but got a new one now so it might be well out.
was on about it with a m8 who rides a 98 storm, and he weighted his speedo needle until it read right - just a thought.... does that sound doable?
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
MarkHunt

Re: Gearing Speedo corrector query and brake mod feedback

Post by MarkHunt »

Hi Mate,

Yeah they're pretty crap as standard.

AMQ's chart is on page 3 of the Workshop forum, about halfway down and I used this as my guide to a good combination of master cylinder and caliper.

Best of luck.

Marky Mark