REG/REC Questions!!!???

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
MacV2

REG/REC Questions!!!???

Post by MacV2 »

Alright Stormers, got a reg/rec question or two for you here. Finaly got round to getting meself a R6 reg/rec to be fitted as a just in case mod. Noticed whilst browsing the Bay that some listed looked as if they had two sockets, which is not how the unit pictured on the fitting guide looks. So I ordered one advertised as an R6 unit which came this week.....all good so far!

On inspection the socket has 6 pins. Whereas the guide shows 5 conections to be made. Can someone please advise?........... is this :a) the correct/suitable reg/rec. b) Def the wrong type, dont fit it! c) OK to use just ignor the extra pin they are all like that. d) you've bought a cheese grater by mistake.

Just for info the only markings on the grater, sorry reg/rec are.......................SH678-11
G8.2 151

Cheers Mac, slightly confused of Kent. :confused
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: REG/REC Questions!!!???

Post by sirch345 »

Mac,
What year is your R6 rectifier supposed to be for :?: and is it definitely an R6 item :?: One from an 1999 to 2002 model should be what you need, like the one in this link:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Regulator-Rec ... 2ea4b646f4

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Doh!!

Ta for the quick reply!

Apparently it's from an '09, so thats no good I take it.

Teach me not to have done me reserch properly!

Still it was only a 5th of the price of the one in that link you posted!

Anyone want a new cheese grater? :redface :redface :redface

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote:Doh!!

Ta for the quick reply!

Apparently it's from an '09, so thats no good I take it.

Teach me not to have done me reserch properly!

Still it was only a 5th of the price of the one in that link you posted!

Anyone want a new cheese grater? :redface :redface :redface

Mac
Mac,
Is that what it is, for a 09 model, I did wonder as I've not come across a 6 pin R6 rectifier before.
I don't know for definite what that extra pin is for, or the configuration of any of the pins on that 09 rectifier. So I wouldn't suggest trying this or that myself. You can always put that one back on Ebay.

The link I posted was for reference purposes only, I didn't mean you to buy that one :lol:
There are secondhand R6 and R1 rectifiers on Ebay now for a lot less than that one.

I will say one thing though, I'm impressed you're going to change the original un-finned rectifier for a finned one before the original one packs up :thumbup: Well worth doing IMO.

Chris.