I Just want to say a big thankyou to.....

General Biker Banter
marlbororman

I Just want to say a big thankyou to.....

Post by marlbororman »

All the people on this forum, whom over the last week, while i been feeling pretty down, have kept my spirits raised, And especially for all the pm`s offering parts, wether needed or not, to help with rebuilding my firestorm.

I Especially want to say thankyou to BennyHedges, whom without his donation of Front forks, gear shift linkage, and clutch lever, i would not be able to say the bike is now back on the road,after a succesfull test ride tonight.
I have never met you before,and you put yourself out to help me as much as you could mate, and i`ll never forget that :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

And even though he didnt want money, i still manged to give him some for the forks :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

I also want to thank Macv2, who sent me a nipple for the front take off vac point, and enclosed a letter , which made me smile, And although he didnt want money, offering it towards the rebuild, The money is now in the post on its way back to you, cheers.

Its hard to believe, that i tested the bike, 1 hour before it would of been exactly a week ago, that the van dropped it off at my mates garage, totally front ended on the road. (It looked a right state)

Ok, paint job not looking to brilliant (On one side anyway), but its back on the road, And riding better than before it was when i crashed thge old girl.

Also i want to thank my friend Adrian, whom without his help it would not be built back up now.

He even changed all my fluids and gave the old girl a good service, and checked everything over, some of it i wasnt even there at the time.

I cant believe how different it is to ride, it feels like a new bike.

Thanks again everyone, its a comunity like this that really makes a forum like this, and im so pleased i found it back in late 2006.

Stand back and take an applause, coz youve all earned and deserve it... Thankyou....Ian.

Time for some :beer: :beer: :beer: to celebrate :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin
benny hedges

Re: I Just want to say a big thankyou to.....

Post by benny hedges »

well done on getting it back together so quick bud - here's hoping it stays in one piece lol! :beer:
look forward to getting out for a ride soon :thumbup:

did you find the cause of the throttle sticking then???
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

some linkages where stiff, but could of been the heated grip even, its been binned, was damage on the bit where the cable goes in and as it was wound round on the throttle, the part were the cable sticks down , had damage as if the wire had snagged, no probs anywhere else, but everything been stripped checked and lubed to doubly make sure.

Edit... gone back to standard grips now :)
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

marlbororman wrote: everything been stripped checked and lubed to doubly make sure.
yup, you can't beat double lube :lol:

seriously tho, bit of a shock if the sticking was caused by heated grips eh???
supose it could make the grease go hard over time, but it should never get hot enough to damage the plastic?

good excuse to but the rc45 1/4 turn throttle eh :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
paulV2

Post by paulV2 »

glad to hear your sorted, and that the biker code lives on with VTR owners :thumbup: im new to this forum and Firestorm ownership but after a week on here and owning a VTR i feel right at home again on two wheels 8)
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Re the sticking, think the cable snagged at the end where the brake lever pivots or around that area , Not the grip or throttle body itself. it sorta comes down and round in a mould, off the grip, and the angle i had it it moved back towards the brake lever,as was only position i could get it in. should of took a pic :) , but as the throttle was opened up, i think that bits snagged somewhere near the brake lever pivot bit somehow. the cable was chewed to f*k. And the right side of the bike never touched the road, so might be worth double check heated grips on that side of yer bikes.
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

I'll concur with marlbroughman. I've had nothing but help from a few users here whilst having probs with the bike. Benny again has sent out parts and not wanted one penny. The guy is a star. For a relatively infrequent user of the forum the eagerness to help amazes me no end. Its restored my faith in a small section of mankind.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Well done on getting things all ship shape & rolling so quickly. :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words, but you could have kept mentioning cash for my nipples out of a public forum!!

Yes indeed the folks on this 'er forum a nice bunch, apart from that Timbo bloke, the sarky salad dodger! I would have posted a picture of a sarky salad dodger, but I couldn't be arsed. :lol: ( only yoking Tim.)

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...