OK, your best and worst X'mas presents!

General Biker Banter
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I'll start the ball rolling.

I've always liked the film of Quadrophenia. In fact I am in the process of turning a 1962 Lambretta Li 150 into Phil Daniell's Jimmy bike.
So, best (for me). The actual, genuine, authenticated signed copy signed by Phil Daniels of his script for "Quadrophenia" and also the coat as worn in the same 1979 film by actor Gary Shail who played 'Spider'. So strange to put on my copy of Quadrophenia on the DVD player and see Gary parading along Brighton seafront wearing 'my' coat in full shot singing "We are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are we are the mods" ! Absolutely made up I am. Thanks must go to my gorgeous fiancee Annie for them!!!!

Worst? A pair of boxer shorts!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
ChrisC

Re: OK, your best and worst X'mas presents!

Post by ChrisC »

best prezzie.....snow drifts..... kept mother in law at home.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

As of yet I've recived no xmas prezzies at all!

Unless you count the boiler malfunction on Wed's leaving me with no heating (brrrrr) or hot water over the 'festive' season.

Also as I was heading off to a mates for a slap up xmas lunch with all the trimmings on xmas day, on the bike -2 (even more brrrrrrrr 8O ) I suffered a pinlock insert/visor steaming up incident 8 miles in to a 40 mile ride, so I stopped to sort it out & in doing so managed to snap one off the visor pods! Damm & blast & indeed much non festive swearing later I abandonded plans & headed for home having removed the visor compleatly & very very nearly dropping the bike whilst tunring round, bloody ice! Once home & after thawing out me eyeballs, I rang me mate to let them know I woudn't make it, only to told that their Mums partner had passed away that morning ( :( & double :( ), which kind of put a huge downner on the day as a whole really & puts my issues in to the file marked ''oh well sh1t happens'' .

2010's been a bit pants really....Roll on 2011....

Mac.

p.s. has anyone got a r/h visor pod for an Arai Condor going cheap?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

best pressie devilbiss gti hvlp spraygun.
worst pressie written warning off work lol - dont ask, got stitched up bigtime. :Argue 1:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

Best pressie was the thanks of a neighbour whose downstairs electrics decided to pack up on Christmas morning, she declined lunch at ours so dug an old electric ring and mini oven out of loft together with a long extension lead for fridge and freezer, got there in time to see her ex give her son a pressie and clear off! Took turkey and spuds back to ours to finish off in oven, then the three of us were to be seen marching down the road with cooked lunch. :beer:

Worst was a mug, coaster and useless tray with badly drawn old sports cars on them............
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I would love to say the best present I got was a titanium ring with a diamond in it from the GF was my favourite pressie this year but saddly I cant. She would never believe me for a start as I have spent all weekend transfixed by one of the other presents I got. Its a Neo X Cube and for those that have never heard of it, probably most people, its a set of 5mm magnetic balls. 216 in total and they come in a cube shape (oddly enough) but they can be made into all kinds of shapes. Here....
[youtube][/youtube]
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
geodude

Post by geodude »

I got a pen knife, pair of socks and a pack of cards (I collect playing cards - don't ask) oh and a selection box :biggrin
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

best = a zippo lighter of my bro in law (we had a huge bust up about 2 years ago and hardly spoke since very nice thought and has gone up in a notch in my estimations)

worst = visit from the wicked witch of the west, my mother (even my frozen water pipes on xmas eve wasnt as bad as that)
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

I got a Christmas card from Paige - Paulines daughter - saying " Happy Christmas Dad"

That's a tough one to top guys....

:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Best present, my first tombone at the age of 43 8O

Worst present LONDON FIRE BRIGADE STILL NOT REMOVED THE 188 NOTICE threatening to sack all 5500 lonfon fire fighters :evil:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

MacV2 wrote:As of yet I've recived no xmas prezzies at all!

Unless you count the boiler malfunction on Wed's leaving me with no heating (brrrrr) or hot water over the 'festive' season.

Also as I was heading off to a mates for a slap up xmas lunch with all the trimmings on xmas day, on the bike -2 (even more brrrrrrrr 8O ) I suffered a pinlock insert/visor steaming up incident 8 miles in to a 40 mile ride, so I stopped to sort it out & in doing so managed to snap one off the visor pods! Damm & blast & indeed much non festive swearing later I abandonded plans & headed for home having removed the visor compleatly & very very nearly dropping the bike whilst tunring round, bloody ice! Once home & after thawing out me eyeballs, I rang me mate to let them know I woudn't make it, only to told that their Mums partner had passed away that morning ( :( & double :( ), which kind of put a huge downner on the day as a whole really & puts my issues in to the file marked ''oh well sh1t happens'' .

Mac.

Mac, I am down in deepest Devon at the moment but when I get back home to Hertford I am sure I have the side pod you need, in the red starflag design, from a helmet which was damaged in an accident. I will let you know mate. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Best - numberplate for the SP1
Worst - our 20 year old cat having to be put-down today.

When you have two kids under 10 and an animal loving family, its just complete sh!te really :sad2 Didn't help when a so-called friend made an in-appropriate remark as well... Surprised I didn't lamp him.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:
MacV2 wrote:As of yet I've recived no xmas prezzies at all!

Mac.

Mac, I am down in deepest Devon at the moment but when I get back home to Hertford I am sure I have the side pod you need, in the red starflag design, from a helmet which was damaged in an accident. I will let you know mate. :thumbup:
Kev, you are a Gentleman & a scholar! Let me know via PM on your return if you can help. An exchange of addy may result in the furnishing of beertokens! :) :beer:

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Chris (LSM) I think i'd better have a word with your fiancee Annie, shes spoiling you too much :thumbup: :D

Chris.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Worst pressie - Chocolates ,cant stop eating them ,still got 4 boxes to go ,...
Best pressie - 'Still Game' boxed set dvd's ,complete series 1-6 ,cant stop laughing .....ya dobber :wink:
Stevie