tyres ??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
blacknek

tyres ??

Post by blacknek »

Hi Guys,

I think I know the anser but just through it into your lot, Iv seen a couple of bike with miss match tyres, maxxie and dumlop on 1 bike....for me I would have the same make to both tyres...what do you think ???? :Ball Kick:

ed
benny hedges

Re: tyres ??

Post by benny hedges »

whatever suits your riding style tbh m8.
i got a pair deal on maxxis cheap as chips, but when i came to replace the rear alone it was no cheaper than other, better makes.
if you are happy with a tyre why change it if its got good tread?

sure youre better off with a matched pair, but the rear will always wear out before the front. sometimes economy decides.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
BB1961

Post by BB1961 »

It is always preferable to have the same type (family) both front and rear. I have tried Conti Sport attacks and more recently Dunlop RoadSmart's which have been brilliant but as always whats best for you is a subjective choice depending on how you ride etc etc. Because tyre technology moves on at a fair pace you will find that this years 'sports touring' rubber will be the equal of your bikes 'sports' tyre of a few years back and that a latest generation Maxxis will be the equal of last decades (our bikes are getting on a bit) 'sports' tyre from any of the major manufacturers so don't get to sniffy when the tyre snobs are around ! You pays your money and you takes your choice - why go for a Michelin Pilot Pure if your usage or riding style doesn't warrant it.
BB1961

Post by BB1961 »

Reminds me of my Garelli Tiger Cub cica 1972 two up to college every day on the cheapest old crap i could find ! :?