race belly pan

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
yorkylancs

race belly pan

Post by yorkylancs »

Hi all,can anyone help me find a belly pan,it needs to be used as a catch pan,acu regulations,where it needs to hold any leaking oil.Does the moriwaki one do the job,or any others.Thanks fellas. :D
benny hedges

Re: race belly pan

Post by benny hedges »

pretty sure ive seen that the mori belly does comply with race regs m8.
have a look or give roger a ring at revolution
07970 915259 ;)

he might be able to point you at one

dont forget your coolant as well bud - water only
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Cheers for that,guess i was hoping that i could just get one easy these days,but even skidmarx dont seem to list one any more.Would imagine a moriwaki one off Roger would be brewsters millions though! Thanks Benny. :D
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cant you just fab one up in glass???? doesnt have to be anything fancy like....
suggest you curl some thick wallpaper round the sump as a starting point to get the basic shape then staple on some fibre matting & resin it.
dead easy to do :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

My belly pan was £39 from ebay, it was actually from an sv650, but bolted straight on.
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Rick, 2nd hand bellypans are rare and usually fetch a good price. Here's a couple of links for new ones. You'll need to check if they meet the spec's you're after:-

http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/section/belly ... intro.html

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/5165 ... s/Skidmarx

Chris.
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Thanks,does anyone who has one of the skidmarxs ones ,notice if it is enclosed at the bottom,or is it cut out for the exhaust. The original moriwaki one was enclosed for racing purposes,this is what i am after.Thanks.:D
Styler4077

Post by Styler4077 »

Any pics of the SV650 belly pan Jonesey??
seen a few on ebay from Germany.
Was it new or second hand
"Only one life, so live it and ride a motorcycle"
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yorkylancs wrote:Thanks,does anyone who has one of the skidmarxs ones ,notice if it is enclosed at the bottom,or is it cut out for the exhaust. The original moriwaki one was enclosed for racing purposes,this is what i am after.Thanks.:D
the one i have is complete at the bottom but finishes just before the collector box

i think you will struggle to fins something tbh unless you make / mod one yourself.
if you are going to mod one you'd be better with an aftermarket one as any oem belly will be made of abs and you cant fibreglass to it.
(well, you can but it'll fall off.)

cant remember who asked me for my pyramid belly :oops:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

me me me me me lol
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

lloydiecbr wrote:me me me me me lol
It's always "me", with some people.........
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

yep :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MacKrell17

Post by MacKrell17 »

Hi mate, don't know if you got this sorted or not but I have a skidmarx belly pan - at least i think it is a Skidmarx - anyway it is enclosed at the bottom but not sure it will meet regs as it's joined together with 3 bolts and the joint would prob piss oil straight through. However, I've just taken mine off the bike as, if all goes to plan I'm going to fit a Mario Nava fairing so it will be up for sale. It would need a good paint and it has a little bit of side damage due to a high speed rabbit incident. Then again it is fibreglass so should be very easy to repair and if needed seal the bottom. If I can work out how to put pictures up on this site then I'll get it into sales and wants this weekend. On the other hand if you want it yourself then PM me your eamil and I'll send pics.

Neil
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

This just popped up on E Bay. Seems very expensive but if it's what you need -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Firestorm-C ... 5d2e03c7f8
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks Mike, I wasn't sure, given his description, but thought it might be worth a look for the guy who started the thread.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF