Right Decision

General Biker Banter
gumbie man

Right Decision

Post by gumbie man »

End of December i sorned my bike and in that time i did a lot of soul searching regarding wether the storm was the right bike for me. :think: I even took to considering part exchange for a zx6r because i read so much about the cct and rectifier problems on the storm. :think:
Anyway, Saturday i had a new rear tyre fitted and yesterday i headed at to my favorite bits of roads. Wantage to Newbury then onto the A339 to Alton then onto the A272 to Winchester stopping of a Loomies which was closed, and back to Newbury on the A34.Even manged to touch 130mph. Total round trip of 100+ miles.
I tried a different approach to riding the bike, put my racing head on this time and guess what, I loved the bike today and am mighty pleased i made the right decision to keep the old storm. :thumbup: :thumbup: . :clap: :clap:
Stratman

Re: Right Decision

Post by Stratman »

Even manged to touch 130mph
Hope Mr Plod isn't reading this :wtf:

Surely you meant to say it was on a private road, ?
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

of course it was an airstrip even....
east london/essex [leyton ]
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

That stretch of the A272 is a private road. At least it was last time I went down there. :shifty: :shh:

Thinking of selling the Storm? Thats heathen talk and we burnt the last heathen and then stoned him. Ask Geo. He'll tell ya. Ok so we didnt kill him that would be wrong but we were very cross!
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Quite right Pinky old chum. I was that mad I thought of giving him a nasty chinese burn. Livid I was!!!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
gumbie man

Post by gumbie man »

Kev L wrote:Quite right Pinky old chum. I was that mad I thought of giving him a nasty chinese burn. Livid I was!!!!
Well with the threat of a chinese burn from grand master Kev L then i will promise never to sell the storm, unless there was a shiney new Z750R invovled.