what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Jaglifter

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Jaglifter »

Finally got my SP-1 on the road. Bought it in November as a track bike. Fitted a few bits: indicators, lights etc. and it passed the MOT today.
So, I now have a VTR on the road for the first time in about 2 years.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Today I have been chaning the plumbing on my tank so as it was plumb up correctly so it would run!!

Turns out the fountain of knowledge this site has is never ending lol Cheers chaps!! :thumbup:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Today I added the VTR forum stickers kindly supplied my Alec to the beastie.

As seen there. And shock horror I actually gave the girl a wash. I even added red reflective tape. Not everyone's taste I know but I think it looks great.

Before:

After:

Look! Shiny! :lol:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

wehey :D

loads of free tuning parts turned up today for my scooter... courtesy of the very helpfull & generous people at matsumotoracing.co.uk
should make a real difference :biggrin

there's a big bore s/s header, 4 sets of different weight rollers, a k&n and cover, a kamikaze pro race cdi, kamikaze pro 30,000 volt coil & cap, and a kamikaze pro ZS80 race camshaft! :beer:

catch me if you can! :Beer Popcorn:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

that will be one fast ped :thumbup:
free stuff is always good :mrgreen:
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

How the hell did ya manage to get it for free?? lol :lol:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

did you half inch it ? :cool2
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

dont worry about to much green on ure lil bike itll be broken up with clumps of mud lol
east london/essex [leyton ]
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Snoogle wrote:How the hell did ya manage to get it for free?? lol :lol:
i emailed all the tuning houses explaining the charity run and asked if they would help out.
some didnt reply.... matsumotoracing did, and said they'd like to do a bit more for us.
they asked for a list of what scooters we have and they will get a list together for each.
mine was first lol!
they are the lewis family from taffyland, who used to operate a large scooter distributorship, repair & service outlet, but now concentrate on supplying tuning parts and bling.
matsumoto and kamikaze pro are just 2 of their brands.
they are relaunching the business(es) and webstore in october which coincides with our charity ride - so beneficial for all really :thumbup:
have a look at their sites- http://kamikazepro.co.uk/ http://matsumotoracing.kk5.org/
(yes i will be touting you lot for sponsorship nearer the date - the charities are North West Air Ambulance & CJ Rider's Fund

every biker knows the importance of the air ambulance and for me it is a travesty that is relies on charitable donations, but hey.... dig deep lads and lasses.

cj riders fund.... click the link above to learn more.
it was set up in honour of chris jones, a talented young racer who lost his life at cadwell aged just 15.
[youtube][/youtube]

i will add all this to a separate post as the event gets a bit nearer.

but anyway.... my scooter! :roll:
all i need now is polini multivar variator bling, fly clutch and nokaru +20% gearset

decided to use a carbon viper stubby on the oversize header.
i'll tig the adaptor onto the header tomorrow at work and see if it looks ok against the scoot :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
flak monkey

Post by flak monkey »

Ridden it every day for the last couple of weeks. Been great weather :)

Balanced the carbs tonight, they werent that far out, but now its done. Lost the blanking bolt down somewhere...sure it'll find its way out 8O Left the union fitted with a length of pipe to make it easier next time :)

Next thing is changing the plugs at the weekend and having a look at the state of the air filter, then the servicing will be complete for another year :)
Not what you think...
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Refitted the 13 years and 9 month old battery after a really good off bike charge and fired her up. Seemed OK and was loud enough with the straight thru cans but is so quiet (OK, relatively) in comparison to those carbon cans I fitted to the '916'. :clap:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

happy birthday lsm :D

tonight i fitted the uprated coil and race cdi to my scooter... then the race camshaft :twisted:
hard to see on these pics, but up close theres a massive difference in the profiles on the new cam
inlet, (oem on the left)
exhaust side
big fat longer duration profiles and higher lift ftw :thumbup:

first start up with the new kit - awesome!!!
it now picks up rpm really quick and the exhaust pulses have actually got power in them now compared to little chuffs before!
i welded this up yesterday...
what a bitch trying to weld s/s to carbon steel!
it opens out to 50mm so i can fit my carbon viper stubby can - should sound cool as crouton & really annoy the neighbours! :whatever
gordthebiker

Post by gordthebiker »

Fitted my R1 R/R today!

alec

Post by alec »

Painted my forks yesterday and refitted today (twice as put wheel on wrong :oops: ) and also put a bit of door trim under the seat to hide the horrible gap, what do you think, i'm not sure i like the forks now
before

after

also the seat gap
comments please as i'm thinking of changing the colour to silver :?:
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
alec

Post by alec »

as Timbo said about full pictures i have added some tell me what you think please.

one with lower fairing on
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image