'ello folks!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Eclectic

'ello folks!

Post by Eclectic »

Hi all :wave: , Ive just today become the proud owner of a 'storm!

I signed up a wee while ago in anticipation to both read up on them and as I was certain I was gonna make the purchase. After reading alot of what you fella's have been chatting about them my mind was set. So I went and done the deal.

Got a 2000 model on an '02 plate with 10,087 miles on the clock. She's silver and rides like a good 'un, but shes grubby and doesnt appear to have been completely loved!

The following pic was taken right after I rolled up from the purchase, its taken with my trumbone so a wee bit soft. Ive since given her a bath, biut still needs some love. Theres some small bits of rust on the Sub frame but nothing I cant fix.

Shes my first bike since my old YB100 when I was a teen! Im now 28, live in Norwich and looking forward to gleaning your knowledge as I get her together.

:beer:
pinkyfloyd

Re: 'ello folks!

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Welcome to the forum and I hope you get as much enjoyment out of the Storm as the rest of us nutters do.

As you look around the forum you'll find the same things getting repeated over and over again. I'm no mechanic but I'll give you the heads up.

Regulator/rectifier. On the older models there is no cooling fins on and have a tendancy to over heat and go dead. So when your sorting your subframe out check the reg/rec and if theres no fins get it replaced.

Cam chain tensioners are another weak link on this bike, (all Honda's from what I hear) so get them replaced ASAP with manual ones which can be bought from our very own Rider On A Storm here on the forum. (Something I gotta do myself ASAP)

You'll find pages in the workshop section about how to do the above operations. And after they are sorted you've got yourself a pretty bulletproof engine.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Hello mate and welcome to the forum. As Pinky said loads of good advice available on here and some thoroughly decent people who go out of their way to help out as well. Hope you enjoy the forum & the bike. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Thanks for the welcome, and heads up fella's!
arnie

Post by arnie »

Hi mate , I am hoping to have my first ever ride on a storm this weekend, this forum has been useful and folks are pretty clued up on most VTR stuff, enjoy and welcome aboard :beer:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome to the forum Eclectic :thumbup:

I bet you found the VTR a lot different than your YB100 8O even if it was years ago you had that bike.
You did well in finding a tidy bike with low mileage :)

Chris.
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Yeah haha. Though I did love my yb!
Picked the 'storm up for £1500 after a bit of haggling, only one previous too. Pleased with it though already started a new thread with a possible problem :(

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
sonofpat1969

Post by sonofpat1969 »

Hi... Bike looks good... and for a good price.. Hope you get your potential problem sorted out. Lots of good info and advice here... a search usually finds someone who has been thru the same situation and how they fixed it!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Eclectic wrote:Yeah haha. Though I did love my yb!
Picked the 'storm up for £1500 after a bit of haggling, only one previous too. Pleased with it though already started a new thread with a possible problem :(

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
I think you did very well there :thumbup:

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

nice bike for a very good price mate and one of the nicer colours as well, i'm new to the forum myself and i'm about to start rebuilding my firestorm, good luck with your problem mate.........
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!