what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

A while back we had a problem with some suppliers giving out the wrong seals. Iirc Stevie (bikerpiker) bought this to our attention as it happened to him. Where did the seals come from :?:

Chris.

**EDIT** I found it, here's what I'm talking about-
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... als#p85115
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The leaky seal issue now has its own thread in Workshop.

But today I have started to cut the Blade brace and file it to fit the spare swingarm, ready for welding.
All seems to clear and fit ok, just got to see if I need to shorten the brace or if it will clear the shock as is.

Was going to have a dayy off from working on bikes, but accidentally walked past the garage, wandered in and there goes another two hours getting greasy.... :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
uptonpark64

Post by uptonpark64 »

today, i rode my bike, fast, and it was GOOD :D
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

today, well yesterday i changed the oil and the filter. whilst i was at it i repainted the little plastic belly pan as 11 years of riding had sandblasted a black stripe down the middle of it. i bought a chrome k and n filter which was a bit of a waste of the extra quid as you cant really see it !!
bike seemed to like the new oil anyway .did a quick 25miles around the countryside , had dinner, went to the pub to watch a band with the missus drank cider and went home. nice day!
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

Well yesterday, I spent the day doing a few laps of the TT course on the firestorm, then went home and got the R1 out to do a few more.Tyres on both bikes have pretty much had it and over £70 worth of fuel (thank's to the IOM government £1.47 a litre) :Ball Kick: and the price of a new set of knee sliders, i think i had a very expensive sunday.

Surely a drug habit would be cheaper :lol: :lol:

But what a day i had. Bring on the NW200 and TT, Can't wait. :D :D
playerone

Post by playerone »

Manxman wrote:Well yesterday, I spent the day doing a few laps of the TT course on the firestorm, then went home and got the R1 out to do a few more.Tyres on both bikes have pretty much had it and over £70 worth of fuel (thank's to the IOM government £1.47 a litre) :Ball Kick: and the price of a new set of knee sliders, i think i had a very expensive sunday.

Sounds like the perfect day ya jammy bugger :thumbup:
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Manxman wrote:Well yesterday, I spent the day doing a few laps of the TT course on the firestorm, then went home and got the R1 out to do a few more.Tyres on both bikes have pretty much had it and over £70 worth of fuel (thank's to the IOM government £1.47 a litre) :Ball Kick: and the price of a new set of knee sliders, i think i had a very expensive sunday.

Ive no sympathy for ya! :lol:

Me, I just replaced my rear indo's with '08 blade ones. Looks mint :D
And my Diablo Corsa's are on the way :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Why is it after an oil and filter change the gear changing feels so much smoother :eh:

Chris.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

sirch345 wrote:Why is it after an oil and filter change the gear changing feels so much smoother :eh:

Chris.

I second that, mine wasnt bad anyway, but now feels like a new gearbox :D :D
Chillitt

Post by Chillitt »

Yesterday I fitted a set of Krauser K2 panniers and top box. Not sure if that was a good idea or not, or even how long they will be staying on after a weekend away in May...
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

8O feck me thought it was expensive enuff ere! best get saving some more money! roll on june 4th!! TT time for meeeeeeeeeeee :thumbup:

chucked a set of new pads all round on the SP today, been out and bedded em in nicely tonite :twisted:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

been busy today, in the sun all day & got a proper tan :)
finished the paintjob on the storm... did the rear wheel in white & omg it looks dazzling lol! :biggrin
i'll be avoiding pudles everywhere i go now!
ordered some nice trim for the panels from http://www.cbsonline.co.uk which should be here tomorrow, cleaned the calipers up, satin hammerited the rear carrier, rear caliper mount & some other bits....
cleaned up the engine casings, sprocket cover & inside bits, repainted the rads in ht paint...
bought some chrome polish for the cans after wire woolling them nearly clean, and some solvol for the hangers and rear mc

got a new chain & sprocket set a few mth ago but there's virtually no wear in the one thats on it so i'll keep it on till it's done in. tyres are ok for a few k yettil m8 gets some new stock of bsb scrubs in - might try the racetecs this time.

it's getting very close now... still got to repaint the front fork legs, spray the front wheel & top yoke, then fit my original speedo for mot, reassemble & trim the fairing, put it all back together then fit the decals & give it all a good mop over & wax.
hoping to finish it for friday / saturday, back on the road 1st week in may. :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
VTR Marmite

Post by VTR Marmite »

Today I mostly flattened my fully charged battery after replacing my tank. This is because i'm a dozy tw@ who forgot that the vacuum hose fits to the rear of the petrol tap and not the nodule on the bottom! Hey ho, battery is back on charge for the morrow when I will finish my old tyres off by spreading them onto any road surface I come across (ahem!). Oh, Hi all by the way :wave:
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Today I rode my bike 2 hundred miles to Bodmin and back again. Grand total of 400 miles on the beastie. To say we bonded would be an understatement. I had to be prised off the bike! :lol:

What a beastie though. Thats the longest trip I've done on her since I bought her in November and she didnt let me down once. She pulled like a train up to around...erm.... 70ish :shh: :shifty: and sat comfortably at motorway speeds. I suffered more than the bike did!
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

8O feck me thought it was expensive enuff ere! best get saving some more money! roll on june 4th!! TT time for meeeeeeeeeeee :thumbup:

chucked a set of new pads all round on the SP today, been out and bedded em in nicely tonite :twisted:[/quote]

Sorry Marra. But the IOM government have just put another 2p litre on fuel yesterday. Premium unleaded is now £1.49.9p a litre. :Argue 1:

So get a bank loan out before you come over. :lol:

Robbing ba***rds.