Bike sale scammer piss take

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I put my spare Red Storm up for sale in MCN, and although it doesn't go into the paper until weds it's already sold on the on-line ads.
So all good there.

But one of the interested responders was a chap called Jeremiah, sending me an e-mail that said:

Jeremiah has an enquiry for an MCN Bikes For Sale advert listing. The advert reference is 7562836. Please find the message and contact details for Jeremiah below:

Contact Number: +447024099901

Email Address: jeremiahtrowell6150@yahoo.com

Thank you for listing your bike with MCN Bikes For Sale.

The MCN Web team

Hi, there.
Last offer?
It’s only just gone live on the website, doesn’t go into the paper for another week and a bit, so I’ll hang out for the asking price for the moment.
It’s a good ‘un, so it’s worth that.
The mileage drops the price, as some prefer low miles on bikes, but these engines are so understressed that they will go on and on.

I’m in Sevenoaks, Kent if you want a look.
Happy to answer any questions or take more photos.
I still have a highly modified yellow one, (with many more miles, and track/dragstrip use to boot) and can’t justify keeping two of them...
The red one’s nicely standard, though, and unmolested.

Cheers,
Tony

I had a few other enquiries, but then Jeremiah e-mailed me again with some good news:

Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 12:22 PM
To: Tony Monahan
Subject: Re: Firestorm for sale

Good Day

Am ok with the price of the bike and am in love with the bike and mileage and am prepared to pay you The payment

will be by Valid Bank Cheque, when

you recieve the cheque and you have redeemed the cheque from your bank and when the money is on your

bank account my shipper will come and pick up the bike. i will need the following details to send the cheque

to you

Full Name:

Full address:

Phone Number: and the payment gets to you and I arrange for viewing and pickup after a road test for it.

Last Price

Thank you and best regards

Jeremiah ......

This was great news, and I liked the bit about Valid Bank Cheque, but I was a bit confused about shipping. So I sent back:

Dear Jeremiar,
We’re not near a river or sea, and I don’t think a ship will be able to collect it.
Please sort out alternative transport.
My bike loves you too, and wants to say Hi.
Regards,
Tony

I didn't get a reply, but then when you're in love, time flies, and sometimes your attention to detail goes out of the window. I've been there myself (don't tell the wife)

So I sent this:

Hi, Jeremiah.
Have you worked out a way to get my bike to the ship yet?

I’ve checked, and the nearest deep water port is at Dartford, only fifteen miles away.

It’s a bit too far to push it, ( I have a bad back) but if I was to buy a tow rope my wife could tow it to the docks behind her car.
I’m afraid I’d need to add the cost of the tow rope to your bill; perhaps you could send a cheque? £5.37 should be enough.

We could sort it out when we arrange the Valid Bank Cheque but I’m sorry to say that the Nigerian Lottery money appears to be delayed for a few weeks, as the chap’s father (a King, no less!) has unfortunately died without leaving details of how to get the money out of the country, and now the lottery manager needs to transfer all of the money into my bank account and then transfer whatever’s left over after my winnings have been deducted back to his Swiss account.
It’s taking some time to sort out, I can tell you!

Still, I don’t want to delay you getting your new bike, especially as you are already in love with it.

Eagerly waiting your reply...
Tony

Jeremiah's e-mail address is:
jeremiahtrowell6150@yahoo.com

I'm sure he'd love to hear from some of you fellow owners, as he's so very much smitten with Firestorms- and he hasn't even seen mine yet!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Re: Bike sale scammer piss take

Post by agentpineapple »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
maybe he just loves your bike and the way you have worded your advert on mcn............pmsl
he contacted the wrong person when he contacted you mate.
:wave:
maybe i'll ask him he loves mine while he's at it, although that would be two timing, the dirty rotten so and so........ :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

He's still biting, got a reply:

Good Day

Am ok i will need the following details to send the cheque

to you

Full Name:

Full address:

Phone Number: and the payment gets to you and I arrange for viewing and pickup after a road test for it.

Last Price

Thank you and best regards

Jeremiah ......

So I sent back:

Hi, Jeremiah.

I’m not sure about the pickup idea; a friend has a Ford pickup and there wasn’t room for a bike in the back, and that was only a 250.

Whoever you send will need the measurements of the bike, to make sure it will fit.

They’ll need a ramp as well, as I mentioned I have a bad back and so couldn’t help to lift it into a pickup.

But don’t let the weight put you off; they’re a lovely bike to ride.

I’ll be able to measure the bike and send you the measurements tomorrow once it’s light (daylight, you silly, not the weight) but need to know whether you work in metric or imperial?

Keen to get the deal done before I have to polish it again, so please hurry.

The bike still fancies you, by the way.

Kind regards,
Tony
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Jeremiah is now convinced he is dealing with a gay retard!!!!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Haha quality

Can see this being the subject of one of those office emails that come round every now and again.
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Very good Tony keep him going as long as you can and you could get enough material to write a book like this guy. Delete this at your pearl by Bob Servant
reviews are here http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... ewpoints=1

I have read it and it is very good, yours is on par with it if not better Tony :lol:

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
wiltsdan

Post by wiltsdan »

I wish I had your imagination Tony,
excellent entertainment :clap:
No I can't spell.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

:lol: :clap: waiting for the next installment :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
blackbirdpaul

Post by blackbirdpaul »

Hi all,
Had the same emails from 'Jeremiah' myself whilst trying to sell my Blackbird. I'm now receiving emails from georgealexander9959@yahoo.com, he uses exactly the same language as Jeremiah. I'm struggling to understand the motives of this person, what possible benefit can he get from this? There's better ways of piss-taking..
Anyway, if anyone's interested, my Blackbird is in the MCN online section now. It's the one with the paintjob, Blueflame exhausts and front petal discs..!
I came across your site when I Googled friend Jeremiah & this thread came up.
So I'm not a VTR owner, although I did seriously consider one before getting the Blackbird, at the time tank range was an issue for me - but still lovely bikes!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:lol: good one Tony :lol:

It sounds very similar to the bankers draft scam that I posted about here:-
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12291

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

blackbirdpaul wrote:Hi all,
Had the same emails from 'Jeremiah' myself whilst trying to sell my Blackbird. I'm now receiving emails from georgealexander9959@yahoo.com, he uses exactly the same language as Jeremiah.!
Ah, just had an e-mail from George as well, he too is in love with my bike.

Sadly for him I have now sold it, and so his love remains unrequited.

Obviously, the course of bike love doesn't run as smoothly as the bike did.

Maybe he'll be in touch when I sell the brand new scoot I have in the garage.
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

How much you after for that scooter tony? Know a young lad thats just done his cbt that may be interested. it is a 50 isnt it?