highside

General Biker Banter
alec

highside

Post by alec »

Hi guys haven't been around much lately, have been registered disabled and put on morphine patches for my spine pain, needless to say haven't been out on the bike much.
don't know if anyones posted this yet but here goes anyway,
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
agentpineapple

Re: highside

Post by agentpineapple »

f**k me that was high, how is the rider?
sorry to hear about your health mate, believe me i know some of what your going through, i haven't been able to ride for over a year now. but i'm starting to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel, good luck with your health buddy......... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
alec

Post by alec »

bigspanishmarty wrote:f**k me that was high, how is the rider?
sorry to hear about your health mate, believe me i know some of what your going through, i haven't been able to ride for over a year now. but i'm starting to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel, good luck with your health buddy......... :thumbup:
Cheers Marty,
my doc has referred me for facet joint injections so i'm hoping i will be able to ride a little after that, trouble is apparently its 2 jabs followed by 3-6 months rehab then another 2 jobs and so on and so forth, but they reckon i'll have some days when you wont keep me off the bike lol.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

chin up buddy, there were times when i was down in the dumps but i just kept thinking of riding, and now i've started doing little 5 minute rides around a trading estate and now i'm very excited, it bloody hurt the first time i swung a leg over the bike.
be positive :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
callaghan

Post by callaghan »

aye chins up fellas, as long as you can see the bike in the garage yer not far away from chucking yer leg over it.
been reg disabled meself 18 months now courtesy of smoking related lung damage & withered down to under 7 stone with associated depression. I'd have given up if I didn't have the bike as an incentive. managed a paltry 200 miles in the past 12 months but I reckon they're the best 200 miles I've ever ridden :cool2
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

callaghan wrote:aye chins up fellas, as long as you can see the bike in the garage yer not far away from chucking yer leg over it.
been reg disabled meself 18 months now courtesy of smoking related lung damage & withered down to under 7 stone with associated depression. I'd have given up if I didn't have the bike as an incentive. managed a paltry 200 miles in the past 12 months but I reckon they're the best 200 miles I've ever ridden :cool2

Another two stone and you'll have Pedrosa in the twisty stuff! :thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Trouble is Alec no longer owns a Storm.

He has a TDM. So he needs a step ladder to get on & off the thing!

Still at least you qualify for a blue badge that means you can park on a traffic warden & not get a ticket right?

I know, I know, its not a laughing matter, I know some one with a spinal problem & they have had steroid injections in the spine, apparently it's bloody painful having them done but worth the pain as it vastly improves their general well being, did I mention the pain bit?

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alec

Post by alec »

MacV2 wrote:Trouble is Alec no longer owns a Storm.

He has a TDM. So he needs a step ladder to get on & off the thing!

Still at least you qualify for a blue badge that means you can park on a traffic warden & not get a ticket right?

I know, I know, its not a laughing matter, I know some one with a spinal problem & they have had steroid injections in the spine, apparently it's bloody painful having them done but worth the pain as it vastly improves their general well being, did I mention the pain bit?

Mac

B*ST*RD fill in the blanks lol
cliveyandrews

highside

Post by cliveyandrews »

Thinking of ya Bro - it's been 5 years since I broke my back. I was very lucky in that the cage they put in place of the 3 vertebrae has worked well. I'm relatively pain free and flexible (providing I stay on the Co-Codamol and Naproxyn, and keep up with physio) Hope the Morphine works and you can get about. I find 'Stormy pretty gentle on my back - and can now manage 150 miles a day if I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================