Misfiring

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tony.mon

Re: Misfiring

Post by tony.mon »

Is there no-one near Manchester that can nip round and sort this out?

It's a five minute fix, just plugging the pipes back to where they should be.

I would, but it's a bit of a trek from Kent......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

It had a tube retro fitted to the rear carb connected to vacuum part of fuel tap. The nylon tube in pic one. Don't know why.I've now put a vacuum tube from the rear cylinder oulet onto the tap as it should be and the bike has stopped running.I'm guessing this pipe from the carb was being used instead to supply a vacuum to the tap. Going to have to try putting it back the way it was or using the front vacuum tube to supply a vacuum.
macfreebe

Post by macfreebe »

I had a simular problem with my storm but found out it was a vacum leak on the j, clip on the carbs on the front head .It looked ok to c but realised that not only had the screw stripping the thread but the clip was snapped in the end
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

it wont run if the vcuum pipe has been put on the breather instead of on the diaphragm where it should go...
it will only run til the carbs run out of fuel.

its dead easy m8.... you dont need a vacuum line to the carb.... just one from that stub on the inlet of the rear cylinder, as in your pic.
connect a pipe from there to the sideways spout on the back of the fuel tap, in the pic i posted.
you can leave the other one , it doesnt need a hose on it.

if theres a hose on the front inlet for balancing, just cap it off, unless you are using it for a scottoiler.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

There is a hose connecting two parts of the rear carb togeather. Dont know what it does, but it had been cut and a tube connected to it to supply a vacuum to the fuel tap :? I have reconnected the carb tube back togeather as it should according to haynes.

Connecting the rear vacuum nipple to the fuel tap didt work. Maybe this is why sombody had bodged the carb to get a source of vacuum?

However, I have now sealed off the rear vacuum tube. I have used a tube to get vacuum from the front cylinder to the fuel tap instead. Bike is now running a treat ! :thumbup:

Dont know what the hose on the rear carb does but now it is connected the bike is running noticeably better with a much more even tickover. Dont know who would have done this bodge!

Thanks for the advice!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

the little thin breather hose from under the tank has a small non return valve in it iirc....
wonder if this was mistakenly put in the wrong place?

catch up with u soon enough anyway & we'll have a proper look at it :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

benny hedges wrote:the little thin breather hose from under the tank has a small non return valve in it iirc....
wonder if this was mistakenly put in the wrong place?

catch up with u soon enough anyway & we'll have a proper look at it :thumbup:
I'm pretty sure everything is done properly now but would t hurt if someone looked at it some time.

Came quite close to buying a new bike today (cbr600 from Dk motorcycles). Just been getting fed up with this bike breaking down and having to take days of work with it. I just couldn't bring myself to do it for some reason!