shoei raid 2

General Biker Banter
pete1781

shoei raid 2

Post by pete1781 »

Hi all

so i got a raid 2 today and need to get some thicker cheeks for it, wondered if it was worth getting the whisper kit at the same time?
Anyone got the lid and shed a little light on whether its worth it??

Cheers in advance

Pete.
vtwin

Re: shoei raid 2

Post by vtwin »

I went out to buy a Shoei raid 2 but just couldn't get comfortable in one, tried several sizes. Ended up buying a Shark S900 which so far I am delighted with.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

pete1781 wrote:Hi all

so i got a raid 2 today and need to get some thicker cheeks for it, wondered if it was worth getting the whisper kit at the same time?
Anyone got the lid and shed a little light on whether its worth it??

Cheers in advance

Pete.
Thicker cheeks.....?

Whisper kit........?

Surely if you just eat a load of Whispers you'll get thicker cheeks!! :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ive got 2 raid 2's and love them.
as light as the latest carbon fibre lids, very quiet and stable at high speed as well.
didnt bother with the whisper kit - dont even know what it is lol!

re the cheek pieces, i got 2 sizes with mine.... if you didnt get both sets go back to the shop and ask for them.
btw the pattern visors from racevisors.co.uk are a cracking fit on these - bargain at ~£16 posted.
they actually fit better than the oem visors imo.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
pete1781

Post by pete1781 »

Benny

got 2 sizes but still to small, the small size helmet was to tight on the top of my head so went with the medium with the intention of getting the thicker cheek pads, the lid is to replace my original raid and fits perfectly on the top of my head but is just not as tight around the front of my face, while i was looking for cheek pads online i spotted the 'whisper kit' which is effectively a wind curtain which fits round the base of the lid and a chin deflector, just wondered if anyone used em ? Does seem to be a cracking lid tho, no pun intended :)
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

oh yeh. i got one then lol. it came free with the qwest i got but fits the raid2 as well.
its just like a gauze thing that clips under the padding. only used it once tbh cos i found it harder to get the lid on & off with it on.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
toecutter

Post by toecutter »

I have the whisper kit on mine, havent noticed much difference in noise.