Storm v Mille

General Bike chat
popkat

Re: Storm v Mille

Post by popkat »

Althoug it looks oddly small in the picture it is a Mille, definately not an RS250, do a google image search and you'll see the frame and arm are different.. Looks like it's got the later 01> front calipers though :wink:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s

Post by Image »

Lots of talk about it looking small but if you look at the pic below it's actually bigger than my storm. Deffo has a 598cc twin engine as well.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

[youtube][/youtube]
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

:clap: :clap:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i appears there has been a lot of confusion over this because its not actually an aprilia, its a rebadged gilera, sold as an aprilia

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/aprilia_600.shtml
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

benny hedges wrote:i appears there has been a lot of confusion over this because its not actually an aprilia, its a rebadged gilera, sold as an aprilia

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/aprilia_600.shtml
i looked at that a while ago but it looked nothing like the bike shown mate imo
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
boz

Post by boz »

leevtr wrote:
Image wrote:The Storm v the Aprillia Mille 600. How do they stack up against each other?
Mille 600 ????????????????????????????????????

Mille is 1000 in Italian. Never heard of a 600 Mille.
Better tank range than the Storm though!!!!!! :lol:
CBR900rr Fireblade
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

my brothers old RS125 was bigger than my storm so the fact that its bigger is not saying anything.

an actual RSV1000 Mille (the one thats pictured's shape is supposed to be) is enormous compared to a firestorm

i reiterate, its an RS250 with what appears to be an rsv1000 swingarm and if its a 600 twin, its out of an sv or something.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/show ... ia-RSV-600

just be TOLD that its a special.
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/arch ... t-652.html
another one for you.

could it have been this:

http://www.supermononewsletter.co.uk/th ... NO-RESERVE

it could even be a pegaso 650 twin engine in an rsv1000 frame. which would be totally stupid! :clap:
popkat

Post by popkat »

I think some of you need glasses :lol: IT's a MILLE !

Look at the frame it's Mille, you can see the rad fan in one shot, it's a mille, the bodywork fits and lines up perfectly, it's a mille....

A gilera ?, So in 2004 Gilera would have released a new 600cc bike in a complete 1998-99 RSV chassis, that never happened..

The op of this mille is just mistaken,

The other links are just speculation.

There has been i believe an SX550 or 450engine fitted in an rs250 chassis, but this bike doeasn't have an rs chassis, also there's a race series with SX550's converted from MX to road race use, using the standard SX chassis....NOT this bike though, this ones a mille......did i already say that :lol:

Mille's are bigger than firestorms but not massively, they're taller and a little wider due to the full fairing...

To finally finish this off, get the owner to pop the righthand side fairing off, it's easy just a few quarter turn fasteners, that'll expose the clutch cover for conclusive proof of what it is...
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Mille is marked as V60, 600 looks like typo
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

i beg to differ regarding the size. mine was parked next to my colleagues RSVR almost every day for a year. they are huge by comparison

edit:

the OP seems to be defiantly fighting the corner of it being a 600.

heres a challenge for you

find any evidence directly from aprilia. any data sheets, any information you can regarding a 600cc bike branded as a 1000cc and i will not only eat my own rock and balls but i will eat yours too
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

what about mine? :lol: :wink:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

can we get a picture of any of the engine castings, as they will have to be very different to the normal Mille if this is a 600 motor grafted in. even an engine number might help.

any of the engine options would be a real bugger to fit and you would be able to see [ie an SV engine is 90deg V-twin and it is a frame for a compact 60deg!] so if it is a special, it has been very well done!!

I think it is new stickers on a Mille to kid people that it is a small bike..........perhaps he even tells his insurance that it is restricted to 33hp :lol:

its like putting C50 side pannels on a C90 when you are 16............not that I knew anyone who did this
AMcQ
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

praps we could put it on jeremy kyle and he could do one of those dna tests?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.