Arata High Level Exhaust Project Sp to Storm conversion

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
lumpyv

Re: Arata High Level Exhaust Project Sp to Storm conversion

Post by lumpyv »

well done mate :thumbup: an epic tale of mans endeavour!
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Alex A

Post by Alex A »

Hi Carl,

Got your eBay mail with the link - thanks! I've actually frequented this forum from time to time over the years, and registered recently. For everyone else's information, I was the previous owner and had these on an SP-2.

Great job you've done of cleaning the cans up (something I admit I wanted to do but was a little too lazy!) and customising the pipes to fit them to the 'storm headers. I reckon they look superb, and sound just as good as they did on the SP-2 :thumbup:

Not sure how they could upset the front end unless you're making a lot more power :D

But anyway, enjoy! Great to see them put to good use. And glad you appreciated the thorough packaging :lol:
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

v nice Carl - not envious at all :lol:

on another topic - what are the indicators? Are they a straight swap. I really don't like the originals too much in the 21st century
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks for the comments.

:lol: funny first post Alex, welcome to the forum mate. I'm sure they have increased the torque a bit and everything is so much smoother even without a jet kit. :thumbup:

on another topic - what are the indicators? Are they a straight swap. I really don't like the originals too much in the 21st century
The indicators are just cheapies of the bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220748774799? ... 1439.l2649 I went for the shorter stalk ones. They where pretty much a straight swap, only used one of the original holes so I'm left with one hole to fill/tidy over. It is also not easy feeding the wires through the hole supplied in the plastic undertray to behind the brake light. I tried the coathanger trick and that did not work so ended up getting the drill out to make the hole bigger.

Have fun. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Murv

Post by Murv »

Superb work mate, well done :cool2