what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Snoogle

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Snoogle »

Put the Micron Moto GP can back on...no pics but the exhaust note/tone was deafening lol

Also realised it has "NOT FOR ROAD USE" stamped on it.....ah well lol

Db meter reading coming soon :thumbup:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

@BSM - Looking good, although there seems to be a serious lack of yellow now. I can only conclude this is a horrendous oversight.

@BigVeeGrin - Don't go bringing it back! For once it all fell into place perfectly for me, MOT'ed and on the road since Tuesday - Spot on!

@Snoogle - Don't get me wrong, I would love a set of loud cans, but I'm starting to suspect you guys might all be slightly deaf! My standard cans grumble and rumble perfectly well I can only sit here slightly terrified about how loud yours are.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Snoogle I think the Moto GP style can will really suit your bike. :thumbup: I'm not deaf, looking forward to hearing it. :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Sorry did anybody say anything??
Still struggling after last nights blat lol

Slappa - yep, got it in one, pretty much mutton! :thumbdown:

Carl - It sounds like a tuned Harley lol (not sure if thats a good or bad thing though). Luckily for the neighbours I'm not riding it to work anymore lol and if the worst comes to the worst I will get the other system back on :thumbup:

Oooooo...forgot to mention....got some ear plugs lol

The Micron is ridiculous...that is all :twisted:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Snoogle wrote:Sorry did anybody say anything??
Still struggling after last nights blat lol

Slappa - yep, got it in one, pretty much mutton! :thumbdown:

Carl - It sounds like a tuned Harley lol (not sure if thats a good or bad thing though). Luckily for the neighbours I'm not riding it to work anymore lol and if the worst comes to the worst I will get the other system back on :thumbup:

Oooooo...forgot to mention....got some ear plugs lol

The Micron is ridiculous...that is all :twisted:
So you have a 'storm that says "potato potato potato potato"? I'm really not sure I want a bike that sounds like a two wheeled arm chair :biggrin

Okay, that's it... I have another set of standard cans somewhere... Bafflectomy coming up.
(I had someone almost pull out on me this morning, it was only when I pulled in the clutch to drop it down a cog - with the obligatory blip of the throttle - that he turned his head and looked at me. So I must be too quiet).
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Earplugs are definitely the answer.
:thumbup:
Just get a team Like the Olympic Torch does to go ahead of your route handing them out to everyone within earshot.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

leevtr wrote:Fitted 3mm shock spacer...thought I'd give it a whirl. Seems to fall in with less effort, not that it took much effort in the first place. Only rode it about 5 miles so time will tell. Dont want it twitchy. TBH the main reason I did it was to further extend the reach from seat to pegs, more long distance comfort without spending £300 on something that looks like it should be 0% for 5 years at DFS. Plus I already had the standard seat padded up with an extra inch of padding, yet keeping the original cover. Must admit it does feel more ' roomy '. Hopefully I'll get the brake lines done at the weekend, then she's ready for Mugello !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:
lee, its all in your head!, putting the shockspacer in makes no change to the relationship between seat & pegs....................sorry mate!
AMcQ
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Today I fitted a new number plate after some scroat bag stole it last night. Rather than spending the day relaxing before going to work I was frantically looking for a place that does number plates while you wait. The local Halfrauds had no back boards so I called the one 5 miles away and they had no acrylic :roll: So between the 2 stores they could probably have printed me one.

Eventually found one so went and got that sorted. So now I'm taking bets on how many times I will be stopped between now and Monday by traffic police since I reported it as stolen this morning.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

gone a bit crazy! For me anyway.

Decided to consult the list of things to do and get to know, so decided to take the carbs off. Never done anything like this before but hey ho they are off and ready for a clean up. Cycbercarl - just seen your PM and all makes sense having just done it, thanks for all the advice :thumbup: . Now they're ready for a good clean. Just need to go and get some carb cleaner - the MRs took off in the car was due back at 10 and still waiting. Get it tomorrow now probably and get under the skin of them carbs.

Condition wise - the airbox had a fair bit of gunky residue in it which I cleaned out when I replaced the air filter, and looking at the o-ring and the top of the slide I'm expecting to find a lot of crap accumulated over the years.

Got some Questions:
- would you replace the big hat shaped o-ring at the top of each carb or clean it? They both look pretty sticky and gunky and flat! 17 here http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26 ... NENT_PARTS

- Hoses: the most time was spent trying to work hoses off - breathers, fuel and the coolant system when I drained that. DOes anyone put any sort of lube (vaseline?) on that makes it easier next time? The tank nearside fuel line has always been a total sod!

- While the fairing is off I'm going to do the front brake lines as well, and clean the calipers poss tomorrow or Sunday as got all that ready to go. How much fluid? I got a 250ml bottle when I bled the clutch the other week and it's still pretty full - is that enough do you think?

- Lastly coolant - this may be a dumb question, but does it go off and can you use car coolant? I've got a bottle of Volvo stuff from years back and don't want to buy any if I don't have to.

Anyway, had a ball today, cussing and hosing coolant of various surfaces. Looking forward to opening the carbs up tomorrow as the Mrs is still not back. Thanks again Carl :D
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

BigVeeGrin wrote:- Hoses: the most time was spent trying to work hoses off - breathers, fuel and the coolant system when I drained that. DOes anyone put any sort of lube (vaseline?) on that makes it easier next time? The tank nearside fuel line has always been a total sod!
You can if you like. Just make sure whatever you use won't cause problems if it mixes with whatever is in the pipe you are sealing.
BigVeeGrin wrote:- While the fairing is off I'm going to do the front brake lines as well, and clean the calipers poss tomorrow or Sunday as got all that ready to go. How much fluid? I got a 250ml bottle when I bled the clutch the other week and it's still pretty full - is that enough do you think?
I did my front and rear brakes and clutch last week... I did over half a litre, most of it on the front brakes! This could just be my bad luck.
BigVeeGrin wrote:- Lastly coolant - this may be a dumb question, but does it go off and can you use car coolant? I've got a bottle of Volvo stuff from years back and don't want to buy any if I don't have to.
It shouldn't "go off", but do you know how much anti-freeze you currently have in the system? It also works to reduce corrosion in the engine. Car stuff should be fine, just as long as it is suitable for alloy engines.
BigVeeGrin wrote:Anyway, had a ball today, cussing and hosing coolant of various surfaces. Looking forward to opening the carbs up tomorrow as the Mrs is still not back. Thanks again Carl :D
And there be the lesson... Go shopping before hand ;-)
edds11

Post by edds11 »

sat in the same garden as my garage, which has my storm in it, and decided to get thoroughly pissed in the sunshine. does this count :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :shh: supposed to be on call and not getting paid for it....am I doing the right thing or not
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

edds11 wrote:supposed to be on call and not getting paid for it....am I doing the right thing or not
My mobile phone coverage would always get really patchy when that happened to me... :wink:
edds11

Post by edds11 »

I like I like :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: others not being there may not understand the implications of being on call :thumbup: especially on a Monday morning when your big fat Hippo of a useless boss who has no clue about his own arsehole let alone how much he is, tries :Argue 1: and you say :Finger:
would that be the time when you say" sorry...bad signal "
edds11

Post by edds11 »

or just :Richard: :Finger: goodbye
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4uJ4trVg6k&feature=g-upl[/youtube]
little clip from today its abit shaky i only had 6 :beer: lol left in the fridge at home :oops: