what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
leevtr

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by leevtr »

Vtrkidda wrote:Fitted new tyres"maxxis sport ebay cheapies great tyres :thumbup: a rear talon gold sprocket i could of sworn I bought a renthal :confused :lol: new cush drive rubbers ,now it rides great and ive been practising wheelies in second getting better :lol:
Better order some headrace bearings then !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
cliveyandrews

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by cliveyandrews »

Got my 'Bike picked up from Dyno

Before:

Then after (K&N, long stacks, Dynojet stage 1)

I know different machines - but the guy who picked it up was gobsmacked by the smoothness, torque and power delivery. There may be a little more to come as I over oiled the filter.

Very happy with the result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my fat thumbs...
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Just had a lovely ride home. Roads were dry, traffic was light (is netball on again?)... Then I came up against a "road closed" sign.

Damn thinks I... (Yes, reserve light was on). Having seen the downed power lines on that road in the morning I thought "Well, they must be fixing them... I wonder if I can squeeze through... Sod it, lets have a look".

So past the road closed sign I went, followed by a sodding great pimped-out Range Rover.

Get to the closed bit, sure enough it is the electric board. half a dozen Land Rovers with telescopic lifts and all that littered across the road. All the electric men were sitting in the various cabs eating take-away... So I deployed the feet stabilisers and picked my way through the Land Rover collection. Got to the other side and Zooooom, off again.

I did take the opportunity to check out the Range Rover in the mirrors, and laughed about it all the way home.

Yes mate, I did know something you didn't. I knew my vehicle was less than 2 feet wide! :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

met up with carl again today, we went to excel to do another sound test...
5.000 revs.....97.5db
7.000 revs.....102.4db
redline.......114.2db

carls was alot louder than mine :lol:

then we took a ride down to brands hatch, had a pint after being kicked out of the paddock, the posh people didn't want us riff raff hanging around.
still it was nice sitting down having a little drink watching people enjoying some motorsports. then we rode to tony mons for a cuppa and a chat. before going for a little ride thru kent and heading home.
all in all a nice afternoon. thanks for the cuppa tony :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bigspanishmarty wrote:met up with carl again today, we went to excel to do another sound test...
5.000 revs.....97.5db
7.000 revs.....102.4db
redline.......114.2db

carls was alot louder than mine :lol:

then we took a ride down to brands hatch, had a pint after being kicked out of the paddock, the posh people didn't want us riff raff hanging around.
still it was nice sitting down having a little drink watching people enjoying some motorsports. then we rode to tony mons for a cuppa and a chat. before going for a little ride thru kent and heading home.
all in all a nice afternoon. thanks for the cuppa tony :thumbup:
De nada, compadre

But was mine louder or not?
I saw you both enjoying the sound so much that neither of you kept within earshot....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

carl kept hanging back, i think he was scared of them...... :lol:
carl had the bd meter on him, we should have stopped and tested your bike, your bike certainly is loud, but thats just the colour :wink:
i even thought i saw you rub a bit of dirt off your bike this afternoon, technically thats called cleaning :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bigspanishmarty wrote:carl kept hanging back, i think he was scared of them...... :lol:
carl had the bd meter on him, we should have stopped and tested your bike, your bike certainly is loud, but thats just the colour :wink:
i even thought i saw you rub a bit of dirt off your bike this afternoon, technically thats called cleaning :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
I was trying to wipe a bit of grease off my thumb onto the bike, you cheeky sod!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

carl kept hanging back, i think he was scared of them.....
How did you work that out from the back then. :lol: :lol:

Good day out thrashing the bike today. Gotta sort my suspension out it handles like a pig, throwing me around all over the place.

Nice to have met the chickens Tony and thanks for the hospitality. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Got home from work early, so instead of falling asleep on the settee, I fitted my new K-Tech springs. Not had the chance to test ride, didnt have a lid with me. Bike is tall now, what with 4mm spacer and 25mm extra foam in the seat, like a GS :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

Today the Silver machine passed its MOT and got a hug!! :D :D

Mega big thanks to Jazzscot for the bargain discs that got me through! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Jester666 wrote:Today the Silver machine passed its MOT and got a hug!! :D :D

Mega big thanks to Jazzscot for the bargain discs that got me through! :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:
MacV2

What has someone else done to my bike today.

Post by MacV2 »

Took it to bits & fitted stick coils.........

BSM

c/o Macs PC & log in, well TBH he typed this out as well, I can't sit down due to pineapple seat interface problems.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

bigspanishmarty wrote:met up with carl again today, we went to excel to do another sound test...
5.000 revs.....97.5db
7.000 revs.....102.4db
redline.......114.2db
thats well in for a trackday then - they only rev v twins to 5k on the sound test :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
playerone

Post by playerone »

benny hedges wrote:
5.000 revs.....97.5db
7.000 revs.....102.4db
redline.......114.2db
thats well in for a trackday then - they only rev v twins to 5k on the sound test :thumbup:
7k at castle combe, 2/3 of full throttle, mine failed at 109 db
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

benny hedges wrote:
5.000 revs.....97.5db
7.000 revs.....102.4db
redline.......114.2db
ClubMSV @ snetterton insist you rev to 5.5k DEPSITE what their site says. I was arguing with the sound tester and he had none of it. I took it up later with the guy who does the organising as he came round to see if everyone was happy half way through the day. He said he'd take it with the relevant parties. But the stewards reckon the left hand hasnt got a clue what the right hand's doing. Which was evident as the "head honcho" also got the groups butt about face at the initial morning briefing.

That said. I cant wait to do my next!