what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
benny hedges

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by benny hedges »

theyre pretty lax at oulton and at cadwell they back away from the bike til it passes lol :)

its when theyre using the on track db monitors.... never seen anyone black flagged for noise levels though.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Eclectic wrote:ClubMSV @ snetterton insist you rev to 5.5k DEPSITE what their site says. I was arguing with the sound tester and he had none of it. I took it up later with the guy who does the organising as he came round to see if everyone was happy half way through the day. He said he'd take it with the relevant parties. But the stewards reckon the left hand hasnt got a clue what the right hand's doing. Which was evident as the "head honcho" also got the groups butt about face at the initial morning briefing.

That said. I cant wait to do my next!
Time to build a pulse doubler for the rev counter then :wink:

Today I rode to kent, had a cuppa tea, fitted manual CCTs *yay*, had a cuppa tea, assisted clutch/brake bleed, had a cuppa tea, soldered stick coils on BSM's bike, had a cuppa tea, rode home and almost got blown off two dozen times! My neck aches! :biggrin
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Any feedback on stick coils? Does it notice (seat of pants Dyno) like fitting another long velocity stack...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my fat thumbs...
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I can't say, I made the tuners error of doing 3 thigs at once. Billet HRC copy intake trumpets (I am not from USA so I refuse to call them velocity stacks :D ), quick action throttle and then the coils! The net result is impressive, but can't say which was the best component.

It will be a better cleaner spark, as the HT losses are minimised, and they are lighter, so what's not to like :thumbup:
AMcQ
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

I've got my throttle tube to go on (from an SP one to RC45) - probably do it when I fit gixxer bars. Still haven't ridden it since Dyno run. My mate Tony picked it up - not a 'Storm owner, nor a fan As such (Suzy man) he came back singing praises for its smoothness and performance. That'll go when I put lightened flywheel on. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my fat thumbs...

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

I haven't done anything, I was going to clean it, but my neck is buggered! I have all the observational range of a myopic woman driving a silver beetle over the QE II bridge (Bazza will understand).

I either need to avoid sideways gales in flat bits of the country when I've got a tall tank bag on, or get a double bubble screen!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

WELL I HAVE'NT RIDDEN IT!!!

Feckin weather people said we would get the storms up here

So it's in the garage in bits!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

fiddler
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that wind was mad yesterday, i was nearly blown into the central reservation at one point :eek2
what made it tougher was you couldn't judge if the bike was going to be blown left or right, in the end i decided i keep the speed into 3 figures :lol: and get home quicker.
today i picked up my freshly painted undertray, i bough it from snoogle a couple of months ago, i'll post some pictures later.
i also picked up a very cheap cbr954 front wheel from sarf london, it needs respraying but it looks straight and comes with a super sticky part worn tyre all for 50 notes....result
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I find riding faster in high winds easier as the bike appears to be more stable. A bit like cutting through the wind.

What's wrong with the undertray you have now. :confused

Today I fitted a second long V stack, yet to test ride.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

firday i had a puncture in the rear (190-55-17) so i had my spare put on (180-55-17)
but was un-able to take it for a ride till this evening .
so with a full tank i went for a blast .
180 rear is lots better on my bike ,it holds a tighter line and it much more nimble .
the 190 looks better but you loose to much in handling .
it was a very good ride :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:I find riding faster in high winds easier as the bike appears to be more stable. A bit like cutting through the wind.

What's wrong with the undertray you have now. :confused

Today I fitted a second long V stack, yet to test ride.

(:-})
i doubt i cut thru the wind at any speed :lol: :lol: :lol:
nothing wrong with my present undertray, i will be keeping both :wink:
i bet your looking forward to the test ride, don't expect miracles and you will be pleasently surprised :thumbup:
you just need to sort out the tight head bearing and your bike will be handling superbly matey
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

bigspanishmarty wrote:today i picked up my freshly painted undertray, i bough it from snoogle a couple of months ago, i'll post some pictures later
I thought you'd binned it or forgotten about it with the masses of other bits you've been collecting lol
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

just for you snoogy woogy....... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

That looks a bit better mate, bout time you got the fecker on though don't ya think lol :lol:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Swapped the EBC HH pads for original nissin ones (fireblade calipers) and reset the taper bearing and went out to bed them in.

Warmed the oil and tyres then spanked it mercilessly for 40 miles, :twisted: .....and I like the initial bite of the Nissin pads compared to the EBC.
AMcQ