what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Next time try bendix pads they are the best I've tried to date and I will be putting them it at winter strip down :-)
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

I got the Brembo's all round with braided lines now, and I got to say my brakes have never been so good. But then again I've never had anything else on the storm worth comparing them too. :lol:

I must wash the bike and get some pics up of my latest additions. Got new levers as well. :D

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

cybercarl wrote:I got the Brembo's all round with braided lines now, and I got to say my brakes have never been so good. But then again I've never had anything else on the storm worth comparing them too. :lol:

I must wash the bike and get some pics up of my latest additions. Got new levers as well. :D

I did like your levers at Grainstorm, they did look rather trick. Where did you get them?

Oh, and where did you get the lines from? I think I should get some and then you can come and bleed mine!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Allright buddy, Levers are these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270921254352? ... 1497.l2649 and the brake lines, I got cheap, wezmoto ones. My clutch line is a Goodridge with stainless banjo's which is far superior to the wezmoto's (no surprise) as the banjos line up better.

I don't mind coming over and lending a hand, not a problem mate. While on that subject you never got around to doing your TPS. In all honesty it's far easier to do with the carbs off the bike, so I could pop over with my security torx and carb sync if you like one day. You would also need vacuum hoses set up for convenient syncing. A good job to get out the way while the carbs are off. :wink:

tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Thanks for the link, they do yellow ones! Woooo!

Now do I go all out yellow, or yellow/black mix?

Resist - REEESIST!

That's a very kind offer, I was only joking, I didn't mind getting covered in brake fluid that much! Given our locations it's probably fairer if we meet in the middle - i.e. invade Marty's!

I'd need a nipple or whatever it is you put into the front vacuum point as mine is still as the lord Honda supplied it (i.e. got a bolt in it).
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

A few pic's of what I done to my bike at Grainstorm.

Today I made a start on getting the old engine out my FZS 600 Fazer. Got loads done so all I have left is to undo the sprocket nut and then place a jack underneath ready for engine mounting bolts to be removed.

Have Fun. :thumbup:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tankslappa wrote:Thanks for the link, they do yellow ones! Woooo!

Now do I go all out yellow, or yellow/black mix?

Resist - REEESIST!

That's a very kind offer, I was only joking, I didn't mind getting covered in brake fluid that much! Given our locations it's probably fairer if we meet in the middle - i.e. invade Marty's!

I'd need a nipple or whatever it is you put into the front vacuum point as mine is still as the lord Honda supplied it (i.e. got a bolt in it).
I have a nipple you can have, well you cant have my nipple but I do have a Brass Take off adapter & your welcome to have it. PM me your addy & I'll stick it in the post for you.

You will also need a T piece & some hose which I think is 5mm ID but check before you buy. Same as the Vac pipe.

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Hi Mac,

Thank you very much for the offer of your bodily parts, however I would prefer the metallic type (no I don't mean get yours pierced!).

I've sent you a PM. :biggrin

I don't have much to offer in return right now. Unless you'd like a 12v 1.2watt 286 dash bulb. I only needed one for the car but the local garage wasn't being helpful (they told me a needed main dealer!), so I've ended up ordering a bag of 10 from Farnell!

So are the neighbours talking to you after the weekend?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Decided as today was going to be the last day of summer, and the roads would be quiet due to some or other footy match on TV.....it would be ideal for an evening to go kill some insects and stretch the throttle cables.

I was right...1 - nil to me....that is the best result a scotsman can hope for in a euro footy competition :lol:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

because the weathers looking poo for the next few days, me and 3 mates went for a ride into essex nothing major about 60 miles of country lanes, on the way to romford whilst filtering thru traffic, my o/s link pipe clipped a kerb at a traffic island, no biggie i was doing about 3 mph, we stopped for petrol and the stupid woman controlling the pumps wouldn't release the fuel unless i took my lid off, even tho 2 of my mate were inside the shop buying stuff :x
i ended up telling her to stick it up her butt, talk about little nazi's, what happens when an asian woman goe's in there wearing a burkha would she be asked to take it off????????
i wouldn't mind the woman behind the till was asian aswell. i thought i'd better not start an argument :lol:
then 15 miles down the road my bike starts banging and popping like never before, as much as i like it i thought this can't be right, so i jumped off to have a look, knowing i knocked the exhaust i checked the link pipes joins, nothing wrong, i checked the front stick coil hadn't worked lose, still nothing, so off we set again, this time the bike was sounding like a bag of spanners, it was sounding terminal :(
so time for another look, then i saw it the front down pipe had come loose, the bolts holding it in place had almost fallen off, i'm thinking that that little knock on the exhaust together with the bolts perhaps not being that tight in the first place, plus the vibes from the big twin had dislodged the front downpipe 8O
once tightened back up again the she was purring like a kitten again :D
we ended up in a pub at high beach for a cuppa and a bit of lunch.....
not a bad bunch of lads
tolg gsxr1000 k9
stu r1 2007
chris on his old fzr600 (he still hasn't got his zx10r out from winter hibernation)
in fairness none of us were ringing the bikes necks, just making swift progress so to speak.
we even went down a few lanes none of us knew, and at one point we went over a small hump back bridge which we all got some air, even me :eek2
get out there gents and enjoy your bikes while you can, because tomorrow is british summertime at its worst again :wtf:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yep. the weather's back to British Normal, and I'm going camping for three days....oh, joy.

I shall be forced to equalise the osmotic pressure by putting as much liquid inside me as there is outside me.
I'm afraid there's no alternative.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Tony,

Just remember, to the laws of osmosis, you are a semi permeable membrane. Consuming too much liquid will inevitably lead to it leaking out in an uncontrollable manner!

Have a nice time though :biggrin :beer:
boz

Post by boz »

been a busy boy me. Fitted new grips, carbon fibre look mirrors and fenda extender and levers and bar ends. Looking tidy :thumbup:
CBR900rr Fireblade
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

boz wrote:been a busy boy me. Fitted new grips, carbon fibre look mirrors and fenda extender and levers and bar ends. Looking tidy :thumbup:
to you maybe, not us! Pic??? Want to see the carbon look mirrors - aftermarket or wrap?
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

i bunged the bike up on the stand and whipped the back wheel out. tommorow its getting a new rear tyre. fireball xl5 ( i think it was ?) gave me an advisory down at mac,s last weekend so time to get it changed out.

should it/will it be balanced when the guys swap the tyre??

cheers.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.