Re: Welcome, VTRPiG!

Post by seb421 »

cybercarl wrote:A free pair of boots. :lol: :lol:

(:-})
up your butt mate yeh lol
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRPiG

Post by VTRPiG »

Ok here goes do be patient in case I screw this up!! :eek2

2003 VTR1000
SP1 forks
Fireblade Rims
In the best colour ..... RED!
VTRPiG

Post by VTRPiG »

Hey hey it worked!!!! Thank you seb421 for the quick lesson :thumbup:
There is my wee beauty, just noticed that my rad fan is not coming on so need to try and sort that as it is hitting 100 degrees pretty quickly :sad2
2003 VTR1000
SP1 forks
Fireblade Rims
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Hello good evening and welcome. :thumbup: :wave:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum mr pig :thumbup:
thats a nice looking bike you have, sp1 front end and wheels by the looks of it, what year is it?
fan not working, check the fuse first......
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Very nice. :thumbup:

There's one fan on the storm, as you face the bike from the front, it's on the left hand side behind the rad. Whilst the bike IS NOT RUNNING just run you fingers around the fan casing and make sure there is no stones or anything from stopping the fan spinning. You will also find the fan electrical plug on the end of the rad, just make sure that it is plugged in and is not caught by the fairing. The fairing can catch on these when being put back on. Don't forget to check your coolant levels as well. :wink:

==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRPiG

Post by VTRPiG »

Hey guys thanks for the tips but not the fuse or a stone unfortunately :(

It's a 2003 model and Yip with an SP1 front end and blade wheels and front breaks. It has really shitty danmoto clip ons that need replacing as they are to short and also rub on the body work. Keen to do a few more mods to it, maybe an SP2 swingarm and some new rearsets. Won't be overnight mods looking at the long term ;)
2003 VTR1000
SP1 forks
Fireblade Rims
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTRPiG wrote:Hey guys thanks for the tips but not the fuse or a stone unfortunately :(

It's a 2003 model and Yip with an SP1 front end and blade wheels and front breaks. It has really shitty danmoto clip ons that need replacing as they are to short and also rub on the body work. Keen to do a few more mods to it, maybe an SP2 swingarm and some new rearsets. Won't be overnight mods looking at the long term ;)
you got the same clip ons as me, they ain't good, i still get a bit of movement in mine, and the right fairing has scratched because of it, get intouch with kev, he bought some bar risers from the usa, they're very nice and are much better quality than the dan moto jobbies, i think they cost £150 delivered.
i might get a pair myself this winter..... :thumbup:
i'm sure your bike was owned by another forum member before :think:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Here you go mate, they have gone up a bit since I bought mine. I think I paid $147.
http://www.svracingparts.com/products/# ... ct=3033530
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Here you go mate, they have gone up a bit since I bought mine. I think I paid $147.
http://www.svracingparts.com/products/# ... ct=3033530
:beer:
shipped to london £120 in total, if you can avoid import duty thats a very good price indeed, the danmoto ones cost around £80, but i've now got a scratched fairing, so you get what you pay for i' afraid :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

So is the bike overheating? Have you ever heard the fan kick in? The fan should kick in at about just over half way on the temp gauge. You could disconnect the fan, runs some wires direct to the battery to check the fan itself is not at fault. After that you need to start looking at the fan switch, thermostat. I tell you what download a workshop manual from here http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 25#p145453 you will find lots of useful info, wiring diagrams, fault diagnosis etc.

Stick a post up in the workshop section and we can get to the bottom of this. You can't have the bike overheating, that's no good.

==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I have a spare fan and thermo switch, if you need them.
That little connector on the front end of the RH rad is easy to leave disconnected, but you can just about see it with the fairing on.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRPiG

Post by VTRPiG »

Thanks guys for all the tips will have a play when I get home this afternoon.

Kev L those clip o ns are just what I'm needing as the danmoto ones are crap!! Lol

Cybercarl thanks for the advice will connect the fan direct to the battery this afternoon as see if it works. Come to think of it I don't think I have ever hears the fan kick ok n :S

Tony.Mon cheers for the offer I will let you know if I have any luck with it. Hopefully so but good to know there is one available ;). The little connector on the front of th radiator for the fan is actually hanging off as the piece of metal it is attached to has broken off, I noticed that last week when I changed the coolant :(
2003 VTR1000
SP1 forks
Fireblade Rims
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

VTRPiG wrote: The little connector on the front of th radiator for the fan is actually hanging off as the piece of metal it is attached to has broken off, I noticed that last week when I changed the coolant :(
Mine's been like that for 6 years, makes no difference at all, nothing to worry about.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

OINK OINK :wave:
Loud pipes save lives!