what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tony.mon »

I use one, it's a Xena.
It came with a pouch, so after locking up I put my ignition key into the empty pouch.
It's much harder to forget to take it off when you have the pouch in your hand, which either has your key or the lock in it.

It's also got an alarm built in, which goes off to remind you anyway.
Hasn't caught me out yet......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

If nothing else, I should have put it as close to the calliper as possible instead of at the front, that way the bike wouldn't have had time to build up speed (and momentum) before the inevitable happened!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Does this mean you will be updating your avatar now. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Cheeky sod!

Good idea though. Just tried taking a picture on the phone. It's okay, but I think I'll be able to take a better picture during the week with the big camera when I have the wheel off.

Just gotta wait for my parcel to arrive now. Went shopping at David Silver (thanks for the link Wicky), and I've already had an email saying it's been shipped.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Fitted Ventura luggage rails.

I have a pair to fit a CBR600RR 7-10 if anyone knows an owner. £40, thats under half what they cost new, and they've been used once.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

today im going to fit this - it's a 12oclock labs speedo healer (same one fits the sp & storm) £47 delivered :)

and attempt to set it up with the instructions supplied :s

there is a setup guide on youtube which looks a bit easier!

then i need to get the diesel out and give my bike a deep clean cos it's only had a quick wash since misano and its mingin lol

(yes i know my nails are filthy.... mustve gone to bed with an itchy butt)
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Let me know how you get on with speedo healer. Gonna drop front sprocket a tooth - and I like my speedo to be half right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my fat thumbs...
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Does the drop of one tooth from the front put the speedo out that much that a healer is needed?
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

It's gonna compound the error that's already there...

...and the mileage will rise quicker...

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i gotta do a speedo heeler on mine, i've gone -1 front +1 rear and at 30mph my speedo reads 35mph..... 8O
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Superhawk Stu

Post by Superhawk Stu »

Bought a new battery...then realised it was flat when I got home!!

...charge for 48hrs from new I was told by my savvy bike mechanic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
W: www.driversscotland.co.uk
E: info@driversscotland.co.uk
:) Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I've been tinkering with my carbs again.

Tried this:

BMC filter
Front carb
178 main
50 pilot
needle clip 4th from the top
A/F 1.5 turns out

Rear carb
180 main
50 pilot
A/F 1.5 turns out

It ran like sh1t, so I stripped it all down again, thought I would give the K&N a go, I also done the emulsion tube swap as the Factory pro site suggested. Just a thought but this could be their equivalent of blocking (HRC style) the front slide hole. Where as blocking the slide hole slows the slide down and the emulsion tube slows the fuel delivery down. So in the end I settled for these settings.

K&N
Front carb
180 main
50 pilot
A/F 2.1/4 turns out
rear emulsion tube to lean out the front cylinder

Rear carb
182 main
50 pilot
A/F 2.5 turns out

Bike seems to do power wheelies at 4000rpm first gear. Seems quite a bit more responsive but idle speed fluctuates. I will have a go at setting the mixture by ear once I get back from a good ride at some time, see if that helps and how many turns out each carb is. I may end up having to put the 48 pilots in. I do need to go for a proper high speed run at some time and check the other end out. So not that bothered about the bottom end just yet.

I ordered some OM slide springs, so may stick the needle on the 3rd slot and see how that changes things when they arrive. My thinking behind this is, as I have the 50 pilots which are possibly a bit on the large, maybe lean out the middle a tad.

Yes I know I'm not doing it all by the Factory Pro setup guide, but if I want to do that, I got to find an open road where I can get into top gear and at 3 figure speeds. The bottom and middle is more important to me so I'm sort of working backwards. Anyway it's all experimentation and a learning curve at the moment and seeing how one thing effects another etc.

Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i gotta do a speedo heeler on mine, i've gone -1 front +1 rear and at 30mph my speedo reads 35mph..... 8O

Marty. After I went -1 +1 I expected the speedo to be out a bit but then living with a lying speedo was too annoying.

So I got the speedo healer and it came with 'free' top speed button!

Healer excellent- there is an online calculator to work out what correction you should need with tyres and sprocket changes you've made but tbh best way to callibrate was to ride it with a Tom Tom or equivilant and compare speedo to GPS speed.

Mine ended up with -17.2% correction and is now spot on.

The max speed button. Bit of a fun gimmic- it remembers your top speed since last resetting it- cable tie it to clutch line. Brill!

I paid about £80 from I think healtech. At least I don't get annoyed with 'guessing' speed.

Griff. :beer:
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cybercarl wrote:I've been tinkering with my carbs again.

I tried to get mine running well with the 50 jets, but found that it ran best on 48's.
That was with a fp jet kit, cans, and a K+N, back in the day before I started tinkering with the engine.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I realise the 48's are more than likely the appropriate ones and I have some here which I may end up going with which where in my carbs to start with. I'm sort of experimenting with it at the mo, Could I not counteract/compensate for the larger pilot with the needle height. Mmm I suppose it depends on the overlap range of the pilot into the mids and the mains coming from the other end. I eventually would like to have the A/F screws at around 1.5 turns ideally. But setting the mixture is a bloody headache at the moment unless I spend a fortune on the right tool for the job.

I have been looking at the motion pro drivers the the yanks go on about, but I cant see that working. They are no better than the one I have from carbtune. I have been thinking about purchasing one of these. http://www.sudco.com/tool.html#950-478 (scroll down to 90° 1/4" Hex Driver) What do you think? I am struggling to find anything like this here in the UK.