what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tankslappa

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tankslappa »

Just remember kids. If you don't take your disc lock off, you end up with a disc that looks like this:

This will result in your bike looking like this:

And after a healthy emptying of the wallet, it will eventually look like this:

Still, I guess it's easier than cleaning it eh Tony?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

at least your yellow bike was fast for a while, when it was on the trailer that is.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
i almost did it the other day, it was only because i had to roll the bike backwards that stopped me from coming unstuck..... :oops:
i feel you pain mr slapper
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

darrenmartin wrote:Iv been a buisy boy today and iv fitted some Powerbronze Gold mesh to the front indicator holes in the upper fairing along with some in the front holes in the same fairing and iv swapped out the running light for gold mess so i can use the wiring from it to run a number plate light as the clear unit iv bought dosn't allow the license plate to illuminate :problem: (didnt think of that when i fitted it to the bike) but now instead of it being a problem i look at this sort of thing "as another job for me to think about and fix " :wink: god i love owning this bike :lol: ill post some pick's tomorrow and i bought a piece of kit that i can not rant on about enough :wink: but more on that in the 'morrow :thumbup:
looking forward to the pics mate, i like the mesh idea, i'm never sure which size would be best tho, what did you use to attach it.....super glue or some kind of sealent/adhesive?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
darrenmartin wrote:Iv been a buisy boy today and iv fitted some Powerbronze Gold mesh to the front indicator holes in the upper fairing along with some in the front holes in the same fairing and iv swapped out the running light for gold mess so i can use the wiring from it to run a number plate light as the clear unit iv bought dosn't allow the license plate to illuminate :problem: (didnt think of that when i fitted it to the bike) but now instead of it being a problem i look at this sort of thing "as another job for me to think about and fix " :wink: god i love owning this bike :lol: ill post some pick's tomorrow and i bought a piece of kit that i can not rant on about enough :wink: but more on that in the 'morrow :thumbup:
looking forward to the pics mate, i like the mesh idea, i'm never sure which size would be best tho, what did you use to attach it.....super glue or some kind of sealent/adhesive?
Hot gule works well

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

Wow you don't need to pin the bike down that hard in the trailer. You'll blow the fork seals!

Ohh ohh ohh those disks look new. Where did you get them from mister?
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Xenocide wrote:Wow you don't need to pin the bike down that hard in the trailer. You'll blow the fork seals!
Sorry, blame my brother! He didn't want it going bouncy bouncy. It wasn't down that hard to be honest, they're standard (aka soft) forks.
Ohh ohh ohh those disks look new. Where did you get them from mister?
They are, brand new, came in sealed double bags with lots of Honda stickers on them :-)

Link courtesy of Wicky - http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

darrenmartin wrote: the clear unit iv bought dosn't allow the license plate to illuminate :problem:
It should do, the clear panel beneath allows light to extend downwards to the plate, in a normal red tail light, but the clear one's just the same underneath, so it should still work fine.

The little LED number plate bolt lights are quite neat.
You didn't have to use the wiring from the side light, though, just splice into the tail light wiring for the running lamp (not stop lamp) at the rear.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The little LED number plate bolt lights are quite neat.
Are these what your talking about? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370532116406? ... 1423.l2649 I can't see any wiring coming off them though. :confused

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Hi Tony :wave: i looked at the number plate bolt lights and like you said they do look smart. The LED rear light unit i have fitted has a solid bottom plate, so no light can escape in the direction of the number plate. It would be no good with a clear plate any way as the led's only light up Red. As you can see iv taken a snap of the rear light wiring, so which wires do i splice off of in order to power a rear number plate light from? Cheers m8 and ill post the finished project when completed :thumbup: Image Image :thumbup:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

Looking at the wiring diagram, green is GND, Green + Yellow is brake light feed, so the other one must be sidelight.

If you have a multimeter, put one probe so it's touching the metal bit sticking out the back of the plug (or the front if you want to disconnect it) and another one to somewhere ground-y (-ve battery is nice and easy, or any bolt going into the frame.), have the lights off, when you put the lights on it should ready ~12v.

If it only reads 12v when you brake, it's the wrong wire!
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

there was a strong smell of petrol around my bike today, but i thought what the hell its my last chance to ride it before i go away, so i took a quick spin to my mates for a cuppa tea, when i was leaving i noticed a pool of petrol under the bike, one of the pipes under the tank had come loose :crazynone of my fuel pipes have clips on, thats the way i bought the bike(a bit of a shed, still it was only £720) i;ve got new fuel lines and clips ready to go but i'm holding on to i do the tank swap when i get back from espana.
i'm told i need to block off the breather pipe on the underside of the 19ltr tank, whats the best way to do this? maybe some sealant capped off with a rubber end cap. anyone got any ideas......
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Took it out for a good run in the (sunshine) and dry roads to give the snorkel a good test .
The bike is running a little leaner and feels strong .
I think the jetting is very nearly there now :-)
Kev L

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Kev L »

lloydiecbr wrote:Took it out for a good run in the (sunshine) and dry roads to give the snorkel a good test .
The bike is running a little leaner and feels strong .
I think the jetting is very nearly there now :-)
How did the snorkel go matey -
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It was well used with no water .
I must of looked proper funny lol
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Snorkel mod
ImageImageImage