Olympics

General Biker Banter
rob...

Re: Olympics

Post by rob... »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Kev L wrote: Realistically rob the athletes story is not that different to yours. They strive to achieve by perfecting their bodies whilst you do so with metal tube and welding gear. The result is that you produce something entertaining and exciting, which not everyone will appreciate or like..

Kev, That was almost a deep and considered reply.......using reasoning, inteligence and eloquence to get your point across........................ :thumbup:

2 good posts. 8)

it's not the athletes that are the problem, it's the corporate bullshit that goes with it all.
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

It was truly brilliant from start to finish. All the doom-mongers and naysayers should be ashamed. Can't say I noticed much in the way of "corporate bullshit" but without corporate sponsorship, it would never have happened and I'm glad it did.

I'll wager that more youngsters want to take up sport rather than eat junk food now, ironically. Those who don't probably didn't watch and never would anyway.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

boz

Post by boz »

Bah humbug.....what a load of old bollox the whole thing is.
Just another tool to facilitate the hegemony of the power keepers to pacify the masses. Nothing is gained by such organised sports celebrating human achievments when these are meaningless. Ffs sort out something important. I am sickened to see that some medals cost about 3 million each to win when today i saw a critically ill kiddie on tv looking to raise a poxy 100 grand to get an op. Thats just one of many examples. So nuts to any medal winners going on to cash in now. Hope they enjoy it. By the way i frikkin hate most sports. Not taking part but the needless worship surrounding them.
CBR900rr Fireblade
rumpleforeskin

Post by rumpleforeskin »

I thought it was quite good, which is quite surprising as i hate almost everything
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Stratman wrote:It was truly brilliant from start to finish. All the doom-mongers and naysayers should be ashamed. Can't say I noticed much in the way of "corporate bullshit" but without corporate sponsorship, it would never have happened and I'm glad it did.

I'll wager that more youngsters want to take up sport rather than eat junk food now, ironically. Those who don't probably didn't watch and never would anyway.
+1
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
rob...

Post by rob... »

boz wrote:Bah humbug.....what a load of old bollox the whole thing is.
Just another tool to facilitate the hegemony of the power keepers to pacify the masses. Nothing is gained by such organised sports celebrating human achievments when these are meaningless. Ffs sort out something important. I am sickened to see that some medals cost about 3 million each to win when today i saw a critically ill kiddie on tv looking to raise a poxy 100 grand to get an op. Thats just one of many examples. So nuts to any medal winners going on to cash in now. Hope they enjoy it. By the way i frikkin hate most sports. Not taking part but the needless worship surrounding them.
+ 1,000
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
rob...

Post by rob... »

Stratman wrote:It was truly brilliant from start to finish. All the doom-mongers and naysayers should be ashamed. Can't say I noticed much in the way of "corporate bullshit" but without corporate sponsorship, it would never have happened and I'm glad it did.

rob...

Post by rob... »

:beer: :beer: :lol: :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:Beer Popcorn:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Power to the people Foxy and Freedom for Tooting

lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

rob... wrote:
+ 1,000
cor thats cheerfull! but you sound an open minded sort of bloke. how about doing a bit of training and entering a 5 or 10k charity run/walk for a local charity , you can put me down for a tenner if you do one and think how good you will feel with all those endorphines coursing round your body

:thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

lumpyv wrote:
rob... wrote:
+ 1,000
cor thats cheerfull! but you sound an open minded sort of bloke. how about doing a bit of training and entering a 5 or 10k charity run/walk for a local charity , you can put me down for a tenner if you do one and think how good you will feel with all those endorphines coursing round your body

+1,001 :lol: :lol: :lol:

rob...

Post by rob... »

lumpyv wrote: cor thats cheerfull! but you sound an open minded sort of bloke. how about doing a bit of training and entering a 5 or 10k charity run/walk for a local charity , you can put me down for a tenner if you do one and think how good you will feel with all those endorphines coursing round your body

the athletes are above reproach, fantastic dedication etc
the corporate conglomerates are the problem, sponging massive profits off the backs of those wonderful athletes.
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

rob... wrote:the athletes are above reproach, fantastic dedication etc
the corporate conglomerates are the problem, sponging massive profits off the backs of those wonderful athletes.
+1000000! :thumbup:

How can an evil corporation like McDonalds be allowed to sponsor the games?
They promote unhealthy junk food to kids yet are able to put their name to the peak of human fitness and endurance! W***ers!
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I was quite impressed with the way that coincidentally no other news of any importance happened during those two weeks. Even Al Q'eada was having the time off, probably glued to the screen.
Prior to that two weeks the situation in Syria, the middle east in general, pork belly rices in the mid-west, what colour socks Mr President had for breakfast, by-election results from obscure parts of the kingdom and disappearing teenagers, that mysteriously get found in a room only searched twice before by Her Majesty's Finest, all of these occurred (and more) on the news programs.

But during the Limp Pigs, nothing more exciting than people running, jumping, falling down and riding bicycles was happening.

I'm amazed with all that running, jumping etc going on they had time to broadcast the weather.

Thank God we're back to normal, and I can keep up with all the riots, coups, murders, drug busts, assaults, posturing politicians and general rich tapestry of life once more.

It was getting very boring for a while.....

Only the Parrot Limp Pigs to go (sigh) - it's the same thing, repeated, in cheaper venues and with lighter athletes. And the cycling means events cancelled and road closures at Brands Hatch! How dare they...........
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.