bike cutting out

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
dkt1376

bike cutting out

Post by dkt1376 »

if you went to thruxton on sunday you may have seen me limping home,160 miles home and 35 breakdowns. no im not jokeing, my storm would start to miss fireon one cylinder at 5500 revs in top gear then i would rev past it then it would cut out compleatly. on the flat it would be ok as soon as u come to a hill it would do the same. i stiped the fuel tank and all breathers out and found a small split in the vacume pipe,replaced the plugs with the recomended platinum ones, test rode it and still the same. anyone any ideas what it could be :?:
a landrover d2 and a ktm, i had to have a honda to restore relability in my life.
dkt1376

Post by dkt1376 »

i have now fixed the problem, the dyaphram in the fuel tap was split and was not getting enough fuel at the top end.
just glad its fixed.new fuel tap dyaphram ordered from main dealer £36 plus vat.
a landrover d2 and a ktm, i had to have a honda to restore relability in my life.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Oh!
Not that old chestnut again??? I thought everyone new about that :lol:

Pete.l :wink:
dkt1376

Post by dkt1376 »

very bloody funny pete, i have been pulling my hair out over the last two weeks about this. :twisted:
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Doh ! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad your back on the road mate.
At least yours was split (a real fault) and you hadn't just put the vacuum hose on the wrong connector :wink:

Pete.l