New owner scotland

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
grumpyfrog

Re: New owner scotland

Post by grumpyfrog »

Ah, another tight Scot's joining the club- welcome on board. :thumbup:
Where about around the Shire are you from, been spending a lot of time up there work wise, and am sick of sitin in me Tin box up and down the A9. The A835/ A832 are starting to become some of my fav roads, just need to get the beast up there for a proper blast!! must remember the waterproofs!
Saw a red one sittin in the SSE car park but looked like dif cans to yours?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Rampant Lion

Post by Rampant Lion »

:thumbup: Welcome to the Club ma man...hope you enjoy the bike as much as I have. Plenty of info and advice here...it's the VTR Wikipedia site. If you thought about the VTR weekend in Yorkshire next year, we could maybe travel down.
Had: CB125. Benelli 250. Yamaha YDS7.Kawasaki Z400. Kawasaki Z650c. Kawasaki Z650B1. Kawasaki Z1300.Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100R. TDM 850 (2 off). Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100RT. Yamaha XT600.

Now: VTR 98 Storm in lovely silver....
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Rampant Lion wrote::thumbup: Welcome to the Club ma man...hope you enjoy the bike as much as I have. Plenty of info and advice here...it's the VTR Wikipedia site. If you thought about the VTR weekend in Yorkshire next year, we could maybe travel down.
aren't we all travelling up? :? so long as you guys aren't independent and requiring visas :D
chris vtr virgin

Post by chris vtr virgin »

Hey buddy welcome to the mad hoose
Sad to see you bought a slow red one
But hey never mind
Great part of the country up their
Enjoy :beer: :beer: :wave:
Some twins have all the fun !!!!
alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

welcome but keep your weather up there :lol:
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

coinneach wrote:Cheers guys,bikes a minter just needs the rear caliper looking at, brake dragging slightly and sort the poor front brakes
a few mods to it already screen, hugger and scorpion cans
im looking to add seat cowl,undertray and a bellypan to it just the usual stuff
If you have uneven pad wear check the pin bolt isn't sized like mine was (due to split rubber boot). If its really bad I have a spare pin bolt you can have re-assemble with plenty of greese and new boot and problem solved.
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
coinneach

Post by coinneach »

Cheers Diabolus,the piston is pretty pitted so going for a replacment caliper or a piston repair kit,
undecided yet as looking into upgrading the front calipers and may want to colour match the rear one (ocd)
once again thanks for the warm welcome guys! :thumbup: