R.I.P engine number 5
seb421

Re: Poor Condition

Post by seb421 »

Its now november what's the outcome on this? any news / developments
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Roger Ditchfield

Post by Roger Ditchfield »

As requested please find an extract from an email reply below that I sent to Rick Belton on 20/10/2012. As of today, 4th November, I have not received a reply. I cannot understand why I have not had a reply to my offer to collect the bike FOC and have it stripped by an Independant Honda Engineer. I am only looking for a fair outcome to this saga. Roger

1. Revolution will arrange for collection of my motorcycle. The motorcycle will remain complete as there was no request for removal of any parts before being sent previously. They will strip and rebuild it’s engine to a standard of a better condition than it was on their first attempt. On completion, Revolution will return the motorcycle to me . A copy of the suppliers invoice of all new parts fitted or replaced along with an unconditional guarantee (written) of any work completed on the motorcycle , will be sent with the motorcycle upon it’s return. Under no circumstances will this be of any cost to myself.

REVOLUTION REPLY

First, I totally and categorically reject your assertions, implications and demands.
Second, I will arrange for the bike to be collected FOC from your premises and in the presence of an official Honda Engineer from Swindon the engine will be stripped and the cause of the problem ascertained. If the cause is found to be the fault of Revolution Racing then the bike will be repaired and returned at no cost to yourself. I will abide by the findings of his report. If the cause is found not to be the fault of Revolution Racing then future actions will be chargeable as well as the return transport.
As previously stated, I will accept no responsibility for the condition of the body kit or wheels on return as the unsuitable amateur DIY paint job makes it near impossible for it to be returned in similar condition. When the bike was originally collected I was totally unaware of the DIY painting of the body kit and would have applied the same criteria had I known. You have the option to remove the body kit of which you are so proud.
Please will you send me your full address and daytime contact telephone number for the Carrier and the sort of time during the day that it would be convenient for its collection.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Sounds fair to me.... :beer:
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Stratman wrote:Sounds fair to me.... :beer:
+1 :clap:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Agree Rogers proposed agreement sounds like a very fair compromise, if Honda say its his fault he will fix it and put it right :thumbup:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i agree with the above,that seems like a fair offer from roger, its intreging tho, it seems roger is confident that the problem is not something that was related to the work he carried out, and thats totally cool, but i would love to know the reason, as would both parties concerned.
considering these engines are well put together and seamingly understressed, its unusual for something like this to occur. i hope you get to the bottom of it chaps.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

I hope both parties can come to a mutual happy result.
I,ve forgotten now but what was the original work that cost 1400 quid?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

sorry I dont agree, they fact is roger took £1400 off the man and gave him back a bike that isnt running,end of story, fix the damned thing and give it back to him running, whats with the dramatics, the guy says he has the paper work to back up his claim and I believe he is genuine.

I really, really, honestly feel roger is at fault here, roger I dont mean any offence at you, i'm sure your a genuine guy but this need to be sorted, you should have his adress or number.

£1400 could have bought him another VTR1000 or £400 for a working engine to slip back in.

Perhaps the guy hasn't got that email because his pc is down or his too sick, or is so pissed with the situation hes given up.
pariah

Post by pariah »

The matter is in hand.

The bike will not be returning to revalution racing due to other matters and concerns having been brought to my attention. They didnt fix it in the first place so there must be more to this than meets the eye. Thats why they do not want it inspected by an independent mechanic over here. Originally , It was agreed that a cost of £1000 for enginge work, fork rework and head stock bearings. Now i,ve paid £1400 just for enginge work and the bike is in worse condition. This has been confirmed by my mechanic who confirmed the original problem in 2010 when it first happened, he now states that it is in a worse condition due to the severe vibration indicating that some thing is very wrong with the engine.
Yes I do have the paper work to back up my claim of the bike doing no mileage since coming back from having it,s repairs or alleged repaqirs competed.

As far as i,m concerned. There was never any conditions set upon my bike before sending it neither does it say on there web sight that all body work must be removed before delivery as we wont except any liability for damage when done in our hands. Neither does it say that your bike must meet our standards before we even considering working on it. It appears now that there only going to except the bike back under there conditions. It would appear from there comments and statments that my bike is below there standards to work on and give it there full care and profesional attention to which I have paid for. All they have managed to do is take my money, offer poor service and belittle my motorcycle. Good customer service that, even gone so far as to put my full name on a private web sight.
I have given them 3 options to resolve this matter, again only half the story has come to light.

You all seem to think that they seem to be ok, but like I said... How would you feel if it was your bike and you were £1600 out of pocket in total.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have given them 3 options to resolve this matter, again only half the story has come to light.
I did notice that number 1 and wondered where the rest was. :lol:

This is why I have not posted any reply to it as it's obvious that we don't know the full story of what is going on. I just hope that you get you bike up and running again how it should be one way or another and when you health is in a better state you get to enjoy riding it again.

At the end of the day if either parties can't resolve the matter between themselves then it's time for a third party mediator preferably a non bias legal one to get involved.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
templ8

Post by templ8 »

Sorry but i really don't see the relevance of the diy painted body kit, sounds like you're having a pop at the op to me.

Just my 2p
seb421

Post by seb421 »

cybercarl wrote:
I did notice that number 1 and wondered where the rest was. :lol:

This is why I have not posted any reply to it as it's obvious that we don't know the full story of what is going on. I just hope that you get you bike up and running again how it should be one way or another and when you health is in a better state you get to enjoy riding it again.

At the end of the day if either parties can't resolve the matter between themselves then it's time for a third party mediator preferably a non bias legal one to get involved.

(:-})
i should be more observant i didn't notice that

pariah is a good guy i hope he gets a solution, he's been very helpful to me in the past with knowledge when i first joined up, his starting mod is cool for jumping on a weak battery in the cold weather too

With regards to the body work what difference does that make, i would treat a home paint just as professionally as i would a factory finish, don't bash the sh1t out them in the workshop and they won't chip / scratch

Working with a dirty bike can't be too bad, just look at tony's success and rebuilds and going off his pictures he hasn't held a sponge to it in a long time lol
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

pariah wrote: You all seem to think that they seem to be ok, but like I said... How would you feel if it was your bike and you were £1600 out of pocket in total.
No, mate we don't, I know how you feel, I have had bad treatment from supposed experts in the past, if anything I believe you a hell of a lot more than roger.
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

pariah wrote: .....Thats why they do not want it inspected by an independent mechanic over here.
Roger Ditchfield wrote: Second, I will arrange for the bike to be collected FOC from your premises and in the presence of an official Honda Engineer from Swindon the engine will be stripped and the cause of the problem ascertained.

Sorry boys, but I`m getting really confused here....... :?