Bridgestone 012 or 020's???

General Bike chat
kiwi_vtr

Post by kiwi_vtr »

I know some guys that cannot program the humble vcr, let alone change a wheel on their car !!
Whatz rongg wit ower spellin den ??

VTR1000KAZ wrote:where bikes are concerned, I confess to knowing nothing more than how to ride one and clean one!

I think you guys know a lot more about the mechanics of things, but believe me I would love to do a course on bike mechanics/maintainence.

Mind you, I think us lasses are much better at spelling than you blokes are !!!!! :P :P :P
kiwi_vtr

Post by kiwi_vtr »

turn on stereo, occasionaly use optional extra's like lights and indicators, fill petrol car with diesel & vice versa, even top up radiator with oil.

preconceived idea's & pidgeon holing is a fun sport for all !!!

VTR1000KAZ wrote:now on cars, I can change a wheel.......infact I can do quite a few things engine wise on a car that you blokes think we'd be incapable of!

*Kaz now awaits the barrage of insults.....like adjusting the rear view mirror to put on make up etc* :wink:
kiwi_vtr

Post by kiwi_vtr »

You may have 1 gold star + 10 Blue Peter points & a get out of jail free card...........he says in a very condescending manner !!.

Go Kaz, fancy teaching my wife a thing or two ??

VTR1000KAZ wrote:well.......i can do the stereo bit...nice and loud!
I always use my lights.....i'm one of these that likes to have my fog lights on too.....I mean, whats the point in having em on the car if u aint gonna use em ! lol
Indicators are used when and were neccessary !
I've had petrol and diesel cars, and never once put the wrong fuel in !
and a radiator needs water...not oil !!!!

see....see..........can i have a gold star now please??? lol :P
kiwi_vtr

Post by kiwi_vtr »

Blond yes, oil in the windscreen washer bottle !!!, well it did have a red cap on it same colour as oil filler cap .........

VTR1000KAZ wrote:did ur missus really put oil in the radiator??? :o
anti freeze/coolant yes.....but not oil!!!!

reminds me a joke......i'm sure it was on here I saw it...the blonde and the 710 cap?
kiwi_vtr

Post by kiwi_vtr »

Oh yes.............................. :oops:

VTR1000KAZ wrote::o OMG!!!!!
One nice greasy oily windscreen for you then ! lol

just been looking for that joke and can't seem to find it......maybe it was sent to me via email once over.....will see if i can find it and put it up in the joke section tho.
teagie

Post by teagie »

i have a 010 on the front and i just swapped a shitty avon for a 020 on the rear seems fine but they aint fully scrubbed yet btw i have always mixed and matched tyres no problem :lol:
bikes beer beer bikes in ne order . my past machines kmx 125 nc 24 vfr750f cb500 cb600 hornet tl1000 (97) bmw f650f bmwf650cs fzr1000 exup tl1000 (99) vtr firestorm (97)
kiwi_vtr

Post by kiwi_vtr »

Have found out the Bridgestone are pulling the plug on 010's (sorry Kaz you were right) and they have been replaced with 014's which is what I am going to have fitted.

teagie wrote:i have a 010 on the front and i just swapped a shitty avon for a 020 on the rear seems fine but they aint fully scrubbed yet btw i have always mixed and matched tyres no problem :lol:
kiwi_vtr

Post by kiwi_vtr »

now I just got to learn to ride the damn thing, well after the tyres have been fitted. :lol:

VTR1000KAZ wrote:apology accepted Kiwi !
I won't say I told you so ! lol
kiwi_vtr

Post by kiwi_vtr »

ta.....................I am going to "play" tonight on my "slick" michelins, should get a good 3 hours riding in

VTR1000KAZ wrote:go kiwi !!!!!
ride safe hun....i'm sure you'll get on with the 014's ! :wink:
O-Ring

Post by O-Ring »

I've just got a new tyres BT014, and I'm very glad to see your thinking. I hope to ride many miles with this tyres, my first feeling was good....

BYE
DizzyDuck

Post by DizzyDuck »

Looks like i'm going against the flow with this but IME 014 are slippery as f*ck until properly warmed up, so if you ride all year you might want to consider something different.

Maybe the new Pilots from Michelin ?

I've just put a new 010 on the front and there seemed to be no problem getting that.
O-Ring

Post by O-Ring »

DizzyDuck wrote:Looks like i'm going against the flow with this but IME 014 are slippery as f*ck until properly warmed up, so if you ride all year you might want to consider something different.

Maybe the new Pilots from Michelin ?

I've just put a new 010 on the front and there seemed to be no problem getting that.
Thank you for the advice Dizzy, I ride all year but only in the weekend for fun, so if the weather is bad........I stay in my flat :) . On the other hand I live south of Rome ( about 70km) and often the weather is very beautiful and winter isn't so cool.
Next weeks I'll know more about this tyre.

BYE