Dyno Day 22nd June 2013.

General Bike chat
Virt

Re: Dyno Day 22nd June 2013.

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:How can I be healthy and poorly. Oh and AL just so you know if my exhaust was not blowing I was expecting at least 106.1 bhp (if it matter at all :roll: ) as in my last run. :lol:

(:-})

Sure you were, I was expecting 94 bhp as well... It's all theoretical now :wink:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

There's no reason why not Virt. That's what my last run was before I started tinkering again. It's juts with my exhaust hanging off and 1/2 metre long flames shooting out the cans it was never gonna get that on this one. :lol:

I thought the bike was going to go up in flame at the end when the cans started smoking. The packing must have been on fire :eek2 Just got a quote for some new exhaust packing from these folks in Germany http://www.silentsport.de/premium.php#p These are the guys that apparently is where all the big named brands like Arata and Akropovik get their packing material from. 2x 500 Gramm PREMIUM will do the Job. The Price is 60 € + 12,50 € shipping to London.

==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yep. Packing blown away at one end is what will kill carbon sleeves right enough.
So why not just take all the packing out, after all there's a perforated sleeve which all by itself will drop the noise by a tad, maybe even a smidgeon?
Anyways, it's lighter without.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Been doing a bit of reading up and apparently taking the packing out can loose some low end performance. Not only that but you get more vibrations from the resonance pressure that will eventually break the perforated tube. I'm ordering some of this stuff and redoing mine shortly.
http://www.silentsport.de/premium.php#p

Found a good description on how to re-pack.
http://www.areapnolimits.com/products/M ... acking.php

Also as my packing is all blowing out my cans got so hot that they started smoking. I thought they where going to go up in flames and also started to melt my exhaust strap rubbers. :eek2

I could see bits of packing floating around like bits of dust in the dyno room.

I must get the video of Mr Pineapple as Al's expression was superb when he saw the flames shooting out the back.

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

funny that, because only today i contact lawyers4u about a possible claim, i explained to them that other the weekend, i was subject to the inhailment of harmful contaminents, i went on to explain about the packing in carls exhaust..... :eek2
they reckon i've got a very strong case for a personal claim......happy days........... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

agentpineapple wrote:funny that, because only today i contact lawyers4u about a possible claim, i explained to them that other the weekend, i was subject to the inhailment of harmful contaminents, i went on to explain about the packing in carls exhaust..... :eek2
they reckon i've got a very strong case for a personal claim......happy days........... :thumbup:
Yes AP I was there as well.... Sort of!
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

i explained to them that other the weekend, i was subject to the inhailment of harmful contaminent
You get that evertime I work on your bike. :smoke: But then you return the favour evertime I work on your bike. (can't find the fart emotion so I shall write it) Fart....

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Griff1977 wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:funny that, because only today i contact lawyers4u about a possible claim, i explained to them that other the weekend, i was subject to the inhailment of harmful contaminents, i went on to explain about the packing in carls exhaust..... :eek2
Yes AP I was there as well.... Sort of!
i'll put you down on the claim griff..... :thumbup:
anyone else want to join the claim?

and yup carl. i have your fag ash on my bike to prove you've been working on it...... :lol:
as for the :fart1: better out than in....... :oops:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Amcq did you get the print outs from the velocity stack tests ?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote:Amcq did you get the print outs from the velocity stack tests ?
Yes I've got all my graphs
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Can you post up the stack test please al . I didn't get a look while we were there
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:Can you post up the stack test please al . I didn't get a look while we were there
sssssssh! its a secret, otherwise everyone will want them and they won't be exclusive anymore, don't tell him al, keep it amongst us priviledged few.... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No secret they will lean of the mains as the higher velocity draws more fuel up. :think: and it will be import duty free soon. :roll:

Virt

Post by Virt »

You're one to talk, after the dyno run on your bike it practically spat out petrol from the exhaust when it was revved. After the exhaust fume tubes thingies had gone, dear god. I went light headed! :lol: :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Virt wrote:
You're one to talk, after the dyno run on your bike it practically spat out petrol from the exhaust when it was revved. After the exhaust fume tubes thingies had gone, dear god. I went light headed! :lol: :lol:
Light weight lol you should of been used to the taste of unburnt petrol :-)

Virt when are you posting up your graph