Dead Bike Recovered by AA

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRDark

Re: Dead Bike Recovered by AA

Post by VTRDark »

I wouldn't go buying another standard R/R just yet. Like I said earlier your one seems OK but getting close to the borderline so keep an eye on it. Just do one more check on it throughout the whole rev range to make sure that it don't spike at higher revs. Then stick the MOSFET on your list of upgrades for whenever your ready :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

cybercarl wrote:I wouldn't go buying another standard R/R just yet. Like I said earlier your one seems OK but getting close to the borderline so keep an eye on it. Just do one more check on it throughout the whole rev range to make sure that it don't spike at higher revs. Then stick the MOSFET on your list of upgrades for whenever your ready :wink:

(:-})
I 'upgraded' to a finned one a year ago (2nd hand from a CG125?) and it failed itself about 4 months ago- strange lights and fuses blowing. As you did, took me a week of checking etc and fortunately battery ok. Ended up being R/R again so took plunge with a MOSFET - I installed using individual spade connectors / solder / insulation tape. It hardly gets noticeably warm due to different physics going on. Though Eastern Beaver can supply the plugs for it but I decided not as more £s and waiting a week for delivery.

Anyway, good luck. Griff.
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
darkember

Post by darkember »

lloydie wrote:Either fit a finned Honda part or a MOSFET r&r but I wouldn't touch a normal r1 reg ever again I had two fail in two years .
Depending on the year the YZF RI unit is the Mosfet type & costs around £65. Did you get the single plugged type??