General Biker Banter
Steve6088

Re: Benny's Funeral

Post by Steve6088 »

I've got a spare sofa here if you don't fancy getting up early. :thumbup:
Jaymar

Post by Jaymar »

BennysSister wrote:Benny's mum says come hungry as she's ordered in a huge pile of butties/pies etc and you'd better eat them all (or bring a doggy bag!)
Looking forward (in spite of the overwhelming sadness) to a fitting send off for my big brother...
Dianne x
Hi Dianne, We met you on Sunday at Martins. Martin was a friend and will be greatly missed. We are the people who have Cath's car (which i'm pleased to say after a bit of work passed it's MOT today. :D So just a service now and she will be getting it back on Thursday.)
We are also members of Northwestbikers.net and Martin was a massive part of the forum. He touched so many lives and this has affected so many people.
I just thought i'd let you know the last count for people attending Martins send off on Friday is 62 NWB members. Most came on Sunday but quite a few more are still trying to get time off work.
Would you like me to relay your post to NWB? See you on Friday, Jane. xx
darkember

Post by darkember »

All those riding up or down to Warrington, please ride safe. "I will beat the drum of the Immortal in the darkness of this world"
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Sounds like there will be a good number from both forums at the funeral in person, but many more will be there in spirit.
Safe journeys for all making the trip. I am sure this will be a send off that Benny would be proud of. :clap:
Thoughts will be with you and the family on Friday.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

+1

I shall have a few quite pints for him on Friday and be thinking of you all.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Steve6088 wrote:I've got a spare sofa here if you don't fancy getting up early. :thumbup:
Thanks for the offer Steve but Cheekykev has offered to put me up. Will see you there.
BennysSister

Post by BennysSister »

Hi Jane/Jaymar
Fantastic work on the car - you're all stars! Yes pls do pass on message to NWB, the more (hungry) bikers the merrier (although perhaps merry not the right word :? )
See you on Friday
Dianne x
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

being a thousand miles away at the mo, i've made plans to go out for a drink with some biker friends, i will be raising several glasses in memory of martin/benny..... :beer: :beer: :beer:
ride in peace my friend.... :Bike:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jaymar wrote:Hi Dianne, We met you on Sunday at Martins. Martin was a friend and will be greatly missed. We are the people who have Cath's car (which i'm pleased to say after a bit of work passed it's MOT today. :D So just a service now and she will be getting it back on Thursday.)
We are also members of Northwestbikers.net and Martin was a massive part of the forum. He touched so many lives and this has affected so many people.
I just thought i'd let you know the last count for people attending Martins send off on Friday is 62 NWB members. Most came on Sunday but quite a few more are still trying to get time off work.
Would you like me to relay your post to NWB? See you on Friday, Jane. xx
Well done to all who helped in getting the car sorted out.

I also will not be able to make the funeral, but will be thinking about you all tomorrow,

Chris.

RIP Martin.
geodude

Post by geodude »

As much as it breaks my heart to say it, I will not be attending the funeral tomorrow due to family commitments. I will be there in spirit and will be be thinking of Martin and his family.

I am sure he will get the amazing send off he deserves.

Dianne, Is the day being filmed at all?
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

BennysSister wrote:Hi Jane/Jaymar
Fantastic work on the car - you're all stars! Yes pls do pass on message to NWB, the more (hungry) bikers the merrier (although perhaps merry not the right word :? )
See you on Friday
Dianne x
Hi Dianne

I have it on good authority that at least another 10 SP1 Riders are making their way from London at 4am to your mums as they asked me for the address and were concerned about just 'turning 'up! I have passed on the family wishes that can come along in their bike gear etc and what the protocol is as posted on here by another member etc so you have at least another 10 definites. Sadly, and with a very heavy heart, I cannot make the funeral. My husband has just started a new job and will be away and my daughter is in hospital on Friday (my dog sitter) and I have nobody for my 3 dogs as it is 4 hours each way for me so it is most unfortunate and I am so gutted. I have asked for anyone ,please if you can do some sort of video on the day and pm me the link to it, I'd be very grateful. I have known your brother for almost 5 years and in that time he sent me god knows how many bike parts, swapped stories and tales and generally made me laugh my head off at him at times. He was a real character and I am overwhelmed at the amount of people whos lives he touched who so want to be a part of this,some of whom he never even met but everyone loved 'Benny' ..How could you not! lol... I for one will miss him terribly and I sent a card to the family home last week and I sincerely send my heartfelt condolences but I like to think with all the stories that come out about him and the laugh he so was, this is more about celebrating his life rather than his passing. Please accept my sincere and heartfelt sadness along and let us all just be thankful for one thing..We all had 'Benny' involved in our lives in one way or another.. The man didn't know the word 'No' lol..

Thanks Dianne. Tracy & Dave
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

geodude wrote:As much as it breaks my heart to say it, I will not be attending the funeral tomorrow due to family commitments. I will be there in spirit and will be be thinking of Martin and his family.

I am sure he will get the amazing send off he deserves. Me too Geo, gutted isn't the word.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dianne, Is the day being filmed at all?
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Here is Benny's floral tribute from the forum I hope you all think it appropriate.

We have used the forum colours for the flowers but as you can see the majority of the tribute is White. This is fitting because as you know Benny had a white storm.

There is also most colours of the storm incorporated into the display.

So can I thank Gemma Berriman (floral designer) from Warrington for her help

The message on the card will read:

"A friend to anyone he met and touched the hearts of many.
A man of wisdom and humour.
Gone but his memory will live on.
Ride in Peace Martin"

Vtr1000.Org menbers.

Cheers Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Watty

Post by Watty »

Jazzscot wrote:Here is Benny's floral tribute from the forum I hope you all think it appropriate.

We have used the forum colours for the flowers but as you can see the majority of the tribute is White. This is fitting because as you know Benny had a white storm.

There is also most colours of the storm incorporated into the display.

So can I thank Gemma Berriman (floral designer) from Warrington for her help

The message on the card will read:

"A friend to anyone he met and touched the hearts of many.
A man of wisdom and humour.
Gone but his memory will live on.
Ride in Peace Martin"

Vtr1000.Org menbers.

Cheers Jazz
What a beautiful and fitting tribute. Sadly never met benny but almost feel like I did. Unfortunately due to work I will not make the funeral tomorrow but my thoughts will be there with everyone. RIP Benny.
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the flowers are wonderful jazz...... :thumbup:
i doubt i'll be thinking of anything else tomorrow..... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!